Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this I want to swap out my automatic for a 5 or 6 speed syncro...and what is a good clutch for this application?

thanks

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
you can first off start by using the SEARCH function :) ... but yes you can swap out the auto for a 5 speed... the 6 speed is not done because the 2jz bellhousing will not mate up with the 7m... people on these boards mostly like bolt on stuff... not custom... but you can make an adapter more than likely...

good clutch setup... aasco aluminum flywheel and ACT 6 puck clutch

welcome to the boards you damn newb hahaha

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
What part of jersey are you from man!?!?!? I'm from North Jerz too! Newark. Some advise! Search :) It keeps people from calling you a noob and shit lol

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TaSe said:
What part of jersey are you from man!?!?!? I'm from North Jerz too! Newark. Some advise! Search :) It keeps people from calling you a noob and shit lol

Wayne/totowa area...Thanks for the advise...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MKIIINA said:
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125064

the 6 spd will be alot of work for little more than saying i have a 6 spd. the bellhousing is the start of the issues followed by the lenght issue and then theres the custom ds issue. g luck man!

I think a 5speed is what I'll go for as my boss has a supra, same year as mine with a 5speed that he wants to get rid of...Thanks for the link,..a really big help!!!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
4cefed.com

:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BrokenSupra said:
you can first off start by using the SEARCH function :) ... but yes you can swap out the auto for a 5 speed... the 6 speed is not done because the 2jz bellhousing will not mate up with the 7m... people on these boards mostly like bolt on stuff... not custom... but you can make an adapter more than likely...

good clutch setup... aasco aluminum flywheel and ACT 6 puck clutch

welcome to the boards you damn newb hahaha

Thanks!! I too am one that likes the no frills bolt on method of mods!..
You too were a noob at some point...LOL!

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
If you need any parts for your 5speed swap, let me know I got everything you need at a great price.
Carl

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
overall you might have slightly better mpg but not worth it cost wise. look at it like this.
these numbers are arbatrary btw:
stock auto to stock 5 spd swap - $700 as everything bolts up pretty much
stock auto to mk4 6spd - $700 + ds, bell housing, move the shifter etc

to even it out you would need to burn less gas with the 6spd (which has the same final gear ratios for most of the gears with the r154s 4th gear being split into the v160s 4th and 5th gear and then 6th being the same ratio as the r154s 5th.)

so in short no its not going to give you better gas mileage, have more shifts with maybe slightly better acceleration but for way more cost. not worth it.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
hanniep said:
Wayne/totowa area...Thanks for the advise...
Cool man, i work in fairfield. A crew i'm in is heading to the arcade at willow brook mall this sat @ 8 PM. IF you down show up we will go to Fun Plex for some go karting.

PM sent about some parts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TaSe said:
Cool man, i work in fairfield. A crew i'm in is heading to the arcade at willow brook mall this sat @ 8 PM. IF you down show up we will go to Fun Plex for some go karting.

PM sent about some parts

got it,..like I said I'll definitely get back to you after some field work this weekend..

Thanks for the invite...maybe some other time,..I love go karting!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts