Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to put a 2JZ into my 260Z now, especially since one of my mates keeps laughing at the Idea and tellin me that his "RB26 Z to be" will walk all over it. I'm thinking of Getting a Steel Turbine and compressor from the US (I am pretty sure the housings are the same, wouldnt be to hard to change over would it?), exhaust cam, Injectors and ECU...

How much would this set me back in USD??

Cheers
Ray

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kalium said:
I really want to put a 2JZ into my 260Z now, especially since one of my mates keeps laughing at the Idea and tellin me that his "RB26 Z to be" will walk all over it. I'm thinking of Getting a Steel Turbine and compressor from the US (I am pretty sure the housings are the same, wouldnt be to hard to change over would it?), exhaust cam, Injectors and ECU...

How much would this set me back in USD??

Cheers
Ray
You forgot exhaust manifold, fuel pump and probably a few other bits and peices.

Please bear in mind that the BHP figures quoted on Jap car where subject to a "gentlemens agreement" of 280 bhp (PS). If you put both cars on a rolling road, which has been done in the UK, you will find there is little difference in power outputs and on the open road, real world, the j-spec car will be faster 0-60 whereas the US/UK spec cars are quicker in the upper ranges. Spool times of the ceramic turbo's are quicker than there steel counterparts.

I really wouldn't bother with this conversion the cost would be quite high for a few extra BHP. If I were going to race another BPU Supra I would go for a J-spec every time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts