Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have had a look around the forums but haven't found any answers as such just questions
i am converting over to fully sequentional ignition and would like to know if anyone has done this to a 2jz non- turbo before? what triggers do i need out of the distributor, i have a cam angle sensor already on the front of one of the cams from what i understand, also for idle speed control do i have to use idle speed control motor on the inlet plenum already as i am getting a aftermarket inlet plenum made and from what i have seen alot of ppl don't have idle speed motors that i can see, how do i get around using the factory idle speed control valve??
Also i have read about 2jz-ge's need a oil pump mod so that that i can get a crank position signal, Has anyone done this and what is required to do so???

cheers

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
1st... sequential ignition is easily done with emanage ultimate or aem... you will need coils and an ignitor.

you can use the cps in the dist.

2nd... the ISC is on the TB so you don't need to fuck with it unless you get rid of the stock TB. The plenum can be replaced on NA without losing the isc motor.

3rd.... try searching.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
98mkiv said:
1st... sequential ignition is easily done with emanage ultimate or aem... you will need coils and an ignitor.

you can use the cps in the dist.

2nd... the ISC is on the TB so you don't need to fuck with it unless you get rid of the stock TB. The plenum can be replaced on NA without losing the isc motor.

3rd.... try searching.

how many people have done it with the ultimate emanager? iono about you but till i see someone car running with it, i wouldnt recommend it.

AEM all the way!!!

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
neostreamsupra said:
how many people have done it with the ultimate emanager? iono about you but till i see someone car running with it, i wouldnt recommend it.

AEM all the way!!!
:werd:

·
Registered
936 Posts
You will soon see someones car running with the eMU and sequential ignition. It works and is easy. In another month or two I'll share the results

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
neostreamsupra said:

AEM all the way!!!

that would be me.... I've had it running seq. and it works fine. full control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts