Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey me and a friend (Urmild) want to do these (or at least the coolant bypass) to our MKIV N/A's for now, i have the basic knowledge and understanding but i need more detail on the "how to" and "how it works"...

any help would be greatly appreciated. Peace

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassseeeee!!!

we are gonna try to do it 2morrow.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I assume you are trying to bypass on the throttle body. Just remove the hoses, use a double ended hose barb to reconnect the lines and cap the holes on the throttle body.

If you are taking the egr off and it's like the turbo you need the block off plates.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Hey look in in the n/a

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=18830&highlight=egr+mod

heres the link to the exact page~Brett

And as for the coolant bypass just disconnect the coolant line running thrrew the throttle body one of the is in the back right of the throttle body and the other one is on the front right just cap them off and run a adpater plug and longer coolant line into the other side. or just block the two lines. Either way your good. make sure the car is cold. when you do this after you did it run the car up to temp. and make sure there are no leaks. now if you put your hand on the intake manfiold you will see it alot cooler something like 50-60 degree colder even morepossible i didnt have a heat gun handy. anyways every 11 degree less intake temp yields 1 percent horsepower technically. but this has been proven to yield atleast 5-10hp .... lol the the little thing mean alot when you dont have a turbo .

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Yes the coolany bypass mod.works and would be more beneficial on the turbo MKIV. Just un plug the 2 hoses on bottom of throttle body....and either just connect them together....or if you have TB off....You can just run a new line. And as for the 2 ends you just took off... you dont have to cap them or anything....but can if you want. Will make TB alot cooler. May not want to do this if you live in very cold climate. Reason is the coolant makes sure the butterfly plate doesnt stick in cold weather. But never have seen that happen.but that is its intention.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Is there any pictures to show exactly what hoses we're talking about and a pictoral showing what it should look like after? Thanks.

Eric

·
boost is good
772 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
Is there any pictures to show exactly what hoses we're talking about and a pictoral showing what it should look like after? Thanks.

Eric
theres only two hoses on the underside of the T-body. when you desconnect them a little coolent will come out of them. one you take them off just either get a fitting to hook them together, or just run a new hose and connect the two ports.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Please be patient with me, but I saw a small hose and a larger one when I looked under the throttle body. Those are the ones that I hook together? I felt them today just as the car shut off and they were pretty warm. Just making sure. So could I wrap the throttle body with a length of hose and connect to existing hoses and cool the entire throttle body?

Eric

·
boost is good
772 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
Please be patient with me, but I saw a small hose and a larger one when I looked under the throttle body. Those are the ones that I hook together? I felt them today just as the car shut off and they were pretty warm. Just making sure. So could I wrap the throttle body with a length of hose and connect to existing hoses and cool the entire throttle body?

Eric
if you go ahead and take the t-body off it would be much easier. its only 2 bolts and 2 nuts, and takes about 5min to do. the hoses are the same size. once you get the t-body off it will be easy to figure out which ones they are. both are attached to brass(i think) nipples coming out of the underside of the t-body. ide just go ahead and get a longer hose and just connect the two ports together so nothing is attached to the t-body anymore. it will be cleaner this way.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Soupskees said:
hey me and a friend (Urmild) want to do these (or at least the coolant bypass) to our MKIV N/A's for now, i have the basic knowledge and understanding but i need more detail on the "how to" and "how it works"...

any help would be greatly appreciated. Peace
i'm just going to wait for ryan's write-ups... it going to include pics too, i think... i am not too sure how to cap off the tb either... and supposedly should also change the fuel filter at the same time... and i still need the 20mm deep expansion plug.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are any of the write ups done yet?

any more tips guys? thanks a lot . SuPra 4 --->

1 - 12 of 12 Posts