Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the new coolant, a coolant flush kit, ive already checked the tsrm as for the correct procedure the only problem is im not entirely sure which hose to use. im fairly certain, i just want to be sure before i go cutting hoses..

anyway, this is this the correct hose? (the one with the plastic wrap stuff snaked around it)

also, im planning to change the thermostat just because why not, and would it hurt to put a 180* thermostat in there instead of the OEM 190*?

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
FYI the best way to flush your coolant system is with white vinegar. The vinegar will break down all the deposits in the coolant system and free up blockages, including in your radiator.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7175551_use-vinegar-flush-engine-coolant.html

As for the thermostat, going to a colder one will just have it open up earlier. If you're concerned at all about cooling (I'm neurotic about it) I would install the 180* thermostat so you have an extra buffer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Make sure when your running the car to have the heat on full blast. This will open the heater control valve and flush the heater core in the process. Do the same when you fill the system with fresh coolant and are running the car to burp the system.
Yes that is the heater hose to use to do the flush.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses guys.
abe, ill look into the vinegar trick.

now i dont have a problem getting it done.
*hopefully this will fix the overheating problem.. if not then ill have to move onto trying something else. (id like to exhaust all the cheaper options before just resurfacing the head/block and going MHG..)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts