Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows it going guys, so i am driving down i 275 in heavy traffic and the coolant hose blows, i pull over into a gas station turn off the car and pop the hood and i cant find out wtf it is?? It was comming from the intake mani side so is there a coolant hose that leads back there? how hard is it to replace..?? it really f#@king sucks.. please help me out asap.. thanx

chris

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
:lol: dude i cant help but laugh haha i TOLD you something was gonna happen and you needed to come to my hous eso i can fix all your shit at once! haha but nooooooo you didnt want to lol

im sorry...neways... yes there are few coolants hoses on that side..the one thats hidden them ost is directly under the intake mnifold and goes into the block.....its possible that could be your problem...as far as fixing it...find the correct hose leakage.....go to autozone find the correct shape hose....and use ninja hands to put it on! lol

im gonna kill you dead too! damn you....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Slow down there, turbo. Coming from the intake manifold side would indicate a leak at the throttle body coolant hoses (Have fun with those, the Toyota pinch clamps are a real pain in the ass to get to)
I'm not sure if the heater hose is what you're talking about either. Look closely. Take pictures. Usually it's the rear heater hose from the back of the head that goes to the firewall.

Back on the force, we had an idiot who ran a Caprice completely dry with no coolant for a day. When he came back he was complaining about his engine not running right. The precinct mechanics had to replace his engine, but not before they filled his locker up with used motor oil. Served him right.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
ahh...you got bit by the coolant elbow...the same thing happened to me, and when i stopped i looked over the whole engine bay and couldnt see a thing. my friend grabbed a flashlight and i saw the stupid little 90 degree elbow (just behind the turbo) on the back of the head pissing coolant onto the turbine housing...it could also be the upper coolant hose that comes out from between the valve covers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i was in brandon today thats when i was going ot come over man i was right on falkenburg how far was ur house from there? I was picking up a rx-7 for my cuz and then we where going to go to ur house and pick up the alternator from u then it all went to shit...

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
doh...nevermind the last post, missed the part about the intake mani...hehehe. by the way john, that is some funny shit about the guy runnig the car with no coolant

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
supra88turboIII said:
man i was in brandon today thats when i was going ot come over man i was right on falkenburg how far was ur house from there? I was picking up a rx-7 for my cuz and then we where going to go to ur house and pick up the alternator from u then it all went to shit...
holy shit! why the fuck didnt you call me homo!

i live literally like 5-10 minutes from there...if you were coming to my house why the hell were you on i275 when the coolant hose broke?

either way..damn you! dam you to hell! haha serves you right for putting it off! hehehe

maybe ill make a house call and help you fix it...if youre lucky! ;)

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
last week i blew the little foker thats from the throttle body to the block just below the intake... you will need the force to get to it...
good luck its really not that bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts