Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched...

Took off the intake plenum on the GF's MKIV (so that she could polish it). Installed it all and replaced the plugs while I was at it. The coolant hose came loose (under the throttle body) and ended up soaking the plugs. I was able to dry out the front and rear of the valley, but not the middle. Drove like that for awhile (real shitty,loss of power, etc)... but I pulled the TB and valley cover off last nite and dried it all real good. Starts up and idles fine, until you put it into drive/reverse (put a load on it). Then the engine shakes, rattles, and rolls like there was still fluid in there. It never overheated or anything, before I put the hose back on.

Before I get into it again tonight....

I am planning to replace the plugs (in case they got fouled).... sounds like the problem.

What else could be the problem?? Could the TPS have gotten wet and be Fing things up? Anyone have the test info to verify the TPS is good?

Any other ideas or things to look at, while I'm in there? This will be the 3rd time into it and I really need this time to get other projects done.

TIA!!

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
car will act stupid till it completely dries up.
changing plugs is gonna be ur best bet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If there is coolant in the plug area then it came from the either the coolant line for the TB or the heater hose on the back on the head check both on them, especialy the heater hose it gets bad after a while. To check the TPS just stick a DMM in the siganl wire and pull the throtle cable and see if it goes up steady not jercky.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went as far as to replace the plugs that I replaced 2 days ago. I thought I had dried everything up, but I forgot about the plug-well. The old plugs were still probably good, but this ensured that any collected coolant in the wells , would flow out of the valley (thru the combustion chamber, but what else can ya do). The plugs did come out wet, even tho the valley was dry, so that was all the coolant that could be left in there.

Took it for a test drive and all's good.... :)

·
11,221 Posts
Well glad to see it eventually dries up and all, cause I did the same thing today. Was changing my plugs and the coolant line broke open and it got all over #3 and #4. The whole thing was covered in coolant. I took Q Tip and dried up as much as I can though. There seem to be still a little bit left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts