·
Indecisive
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car had a BHG

it's 7MGE
it had green coolant

now it's ALL red.. wtf!?
i put in more green... turns red.. holy shit magic tricks!

anyways, seems like rust to me. and i have epic waterfall sounds in the dash..

how the fuck do i fix it?!

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
you can try flusing out over and over and few times or take it to the toyota dealer and have them flush it out....they charge a lot though, about $150-180 for a complete flush.....but yeah try flushing it

·
Registered
23 Posts
i never had this issue with my supra but we have a bus a work with the same issue i flushed it twice with about 50gallons of blue coolant and it becomes red every time after a while. we all think its just rust and tons of it. i would suggest for you to flush it and do a 60/40 mix of coolant too

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would take your rad out and have it rodded out (pushing a rod through the channels to clear out all the junk that has accumulated over 20 years of use). I had it done by my local rad shop 6 months ago for $80 and the car has never run better.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you can try flusing out over and over and few times or take it to the toyota dealer and have them flush it out....they charge a lot though, about $150-180 for a complete flush.....but yeah try flushing it
dang i would just drive it down to tj for $30 in gas and have it done for $40 and have me some taco's too mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:biggrin:

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Red/orange coolant will rot a cooling system faster than green YotaRob. Alot of it may be from the coolant line under the exhaust manifold. And don't forget the block is cast, if it sat for awhile it may just be the whole damn thing lol.

·
Indecisive
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i drive it constantly, it's never sat for a while

i guess i'll just flush the system over and over

·
4,930 Posts
If you're on the stock radiator, could it be possible the transmission fluid portion of the rad is leaking into the coolant portion?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Red/orange coolant will rot a cooling system faster than green YotaRob. Alot of it may be from the coolant line under the exhaust manifold. And don't forget the block is cast, if it sat for awhile it may just be the whole damn thing lol.
Toyota "red" will not rust out a block near as fast as the green stuff will. The Toyota coolant is lacking the ingrediant that makes the green more corossive. Just because you drain old Toyota coolant out and its brown doesn't mean it ate up anything.
I have been an auto tech for many years, I have seen the effects. :soapbox:

·
Indecisive
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm not cool enough to have a tranny cooler from factory.

would tap water also cause this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts