Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know replace the hose, already did that all the hoses for the heater have been replaced still got a small leak back there, ive noticed that the top heater neck has some play to it which I don’t remember it having before when the engine was out of the car.
what should I do is there any solutions, could it be something else I’m not noticing, please help

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
Can you post a pic? You are not being very descriptive of where the leak is coming from. There is the big heater hose coming off the back of the head and a few other coolant lines that come off a hard pipe that wrap around the rear of the block.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a pic? You are not being very descriptive of where the leak is coming from. There is the big heater hose coming off the back of the head and a few other coolant lines that come off a hard pipe that wrap around the rear of the block.
I’m talking about the line off the back of the head that has a little play I don’t know if that normal or not since we’re new to 2JZs

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts

The heater hose pipe coming off the rear of the head should not have any play.

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
That pipe is pressed in from the factory. I don't recall ever seeing one of those leak in all the years I've been working on 2JZ's. I would consult a machine shop or contact a reputable supra shop to see what they suggest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That pipe is pressed in from the factory. I don't recall ever seeing one of those leak in all the years I've been working on 2JZ's. I would consult a machine shop or contact a reputable supra shop to see what they suggest.
You can kinda see there is a bit of coolant there but the hose clamp is as tight as can be, it’s a very slow leak because it take a coupe days for there’s to be drops on the ground but idk could be something I’m missing or don’t know

·
From the land down under
4,540 Posts
I have never seen that hard pipe come loose from the head, but I think anything is possible.

I guess you could try some kind of RTV or FIPG as a leak sealer, or even a product like JB Weld or similar, but I presume that the engine is in the car now and access to get around 100% of the pipe will be hard.

What a PITA :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts