Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's somewhere in that general area, but without the proper tools I'm unable to find out exactly where at the moment. It seems that one of those hoses in that area is leaking, but with all the mess of hoses in there, I can't really tell where it's coming from.

Are there any hoses under the throttle body that are notorious for leaking coolant?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
See that one marked Throttle Body in the top illustration? that one is underneath the intake manifold, and it's a PITA to get to. That is pretty much the only coolant on the intake side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's it. And great, it's a PITA to get to eh? Damn, well gotta start eventually. What all needs to be removed to get to it? Can't keep up with washing a green puddle away in the gutter.

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
It's not too hard, just take off your 3000 pipe and valve covers. That should be more than enough room to get it out.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If you have ninja hands, you can do it with everything still on.

If you don't have ninja hands, you might be able to shave your arms, lube up your arms (not your hands) with some vaseline, and get in there.

Otherwise, be prepared to take stuff off until you can get at it. At worst, the entire intake manifold might have to come off.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
i just pulled off the TB and 3k pipe, thats about it. i guess i gots da ninja handz! haha.

really though, thats all i needed to do to get mine fixed.

-shaeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts