Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coolant leak comming from this area. It is the pipe that runs underneath the exhaust manifold along the side of the block. There is a flange on the end of it that is leaking. I'm pretty sure the gasket is broken since simply tightening it did not resolve the issue. I unbolted the flange and cannot move the pipe to replace the gasket. Is there a bolt holding the pipe in place under the exhaust manifold?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Re: Re: Coolant Leak

DLC said:
Yes. On the side of the block behind the exhaust manifold.
If I remember correctly, there are two bolts holding that up on the drivers side and one on the passenger side and all of them will need to be taken out to have enough room to move the pipe back to where you have enough room to move the whole pipe assembly back.

Kruso

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Coolant Leak

Kruso said:
If I remember correctly, there are two bolts holding that up on the drivers side and one on the passenger side and all of them will need to be taken out to have enough room to move the pipe back to where you have enough room to move the whole pipe assembly back.

Kruso
There are no bolts holding the pipe on the drivers side. I am looking at my engine on the stand right now and there is one bolt that holds the pipe in place located behind the exhaust manifold. With that bolt removed, you should be able to pull the pipe back enough to replace the gasket.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
There are 3 bolts... 1 on DS and 2 on the PS (2 nuts in backs of water pump too).

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
My pipe stops on the drivers side where I made the red mark and does not have the one marked on the passenger side. Maybe due to different year engines or maybe cause mine is a J-spec engine?

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coolant Leak

DLC said:
There are no bolts holding the pipe on the drivers side. I am looking at my engine on the stand right now and there is one bolt that holds the pipe in place located behind the exhaust manifold. With that bolt removed, you should be able to pull the pipe back enough to replace the gasket.

Uh.... :stupid:

I knew there were more then one bolt on the driver side. Went and verified it on my block. They're in your picture aswell.... my xp is goofed up other wise i'd point them out to you. They're right there.....

Kruso

1 - 7 of 7 Posts