Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 TT got hot yesterday so I shut her down quickly and when it cooled off I added about a gallon of fluid back into the radiator. I assumed I might have busted an upper or lower hose but when I started the car up and let it get up to operating temp and then shut it down again, the leak appears to be coming from the rear of the engine block right around the firewall. I don't have a lift so I haven't been able to pinpoint it. I guess I'll jack it up and get underneath to see what I can see. Where is this likely coming from? A rear heater hose? I'm thinking this is not good. I would much rather have had my front hose break!! Any guidance will be appreciated!

· Registered
748 Posts
Most likely it is either the hose to/from the heater core or the small one to the intake manifold which heats the IACV and throttle body.

· Alpha for president
1,588 Posts
no... they both clamp onto the in/outlet of the core. Just go easy when removing...the plastic tends to get a little brittle over time.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a loaner coolant pressure tester to try to identify where my leak was. The first thing I tested was my cap even though the leak was obviously not coming from the front of the radiator. The cap would hold no pressure and according to the label is supposed to hold 16 lbs. Then I pressurized the whole system and it leaks profusely at the rear of the engine block. From underneath (I've got my car jacked up) the coolant is streaming down the left and right sides of the transmission coming from somewhere up above. From the engine bay there is nothing visible but I hear hissing from below the curved heater hoses that run behind the block. From what I can tell one end of both hoses runs to the firewall and that end looks dry. The other end of one of the hoses runs back to the top of the engine block to the passenger side of the spark plug cover. The other hose runs to the rear of the engine block and connects on the back side and below the spark plug cover. If all of this is correct my best guess is it may be leaking from this last hose that connects to the rear of the engine block. Very hard to get my hand back there. Any guidance as to how to get to that connection. Or other suggestions as to a possible leak location.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.