Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted before I have found it and there were mixed opinions about this. I live in Canada so its not like im getting 100+ degreed F temperatures in the summer time. Its at the best ~30 degrees C and we rairly see those temps more than half a dozen times a year. I just wanna know if I have to run coolant up to the TB because its a number of extra lines I would like to eliminate to make things slightly less cluttered.

thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
454 Posts
Actually, even though they are called "coolant" lines, these lines also serve to keep the throttle body/ISC at normal operating temp so the sensor in the ISC can work properly. I've done this bypass on other cars and in the winter it often caused the car to have a bouncy idle (constant revving on its own from 700-1500 rpm's) while it was cold, and it would take a very long time to warm up. Just my experience, ymmv.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
In warmer climates like down here in TX, it's a very good and easy mod to do. Makes removing TB and ISC a snap and it's a few less hoses to worry about.

In a cold climate such as Canada I wouldn't recommend it though. As said you might have idle problems and other issues in cold weather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I live in Ft.St.John where its cold but my car is not a winter driver I drive it from may-oct usually I have driven the car in -10 weather with no problem remember -10 C Im from Can.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trent Im just wondering what the results of just leaving the ISC on the manifold but not connect the hose that runs to the accordian hose would be. Or since this is a summer only car and only on nice days/warm days do i drive it.... If i just completely left it unplugged from the wiring harness all together. Ive already not run the coolant lines up to the tb

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
stallion said:
trent Im just wondering what the results of just leaving the ISC on the manifold but not connect the hose that runs to the accordian hose would be. Or since this is a summer only car and only on nice days/warm days do i drive it.... If i just completely left it unplugged from the wiring harness all together. Ive already not run the coolant lines up to the tb
coolant lines you can get away with, but i wouldnt recommend for cold climates. too late now i guess.
the isc not being hooked up on the accordian hose on the other hand, you cant get away with that. it will idle like hell. amhik. if you want to get rid of running the isc line go vpc or you can run a short hose from the isc to the ic pipe in front of the t'body if you run a maft in blow thru.

dave

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
stallion said:
in this case the ISC becomes a huge ass intake leak ;) That why the VPC was mentioned.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I just made a 'jumper pipe' go from the TB in to the TB out so coolant still ran through the ISC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts