Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
it's a rod knock life
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I changed the knocking bottom end out for a "built" one in a friends 87. Today he called a said that the passenger side floor is wet with coolant. The only thing I touched inside the car was the center console to put the shifter and the glove box for the ECU. I do remember now that one of the hard coolant pipes on the driver side in the engine bay was abit out of round. Does't sound right that it could leak into the cabin on the pass. side. :scratch:
Would be me luck that his heater core would start to leak right after I installed his engine. :rolleyes: Anyone ever experienced this with their supra.-Patrick

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
oh man :( good luck buddy...thats a job and half

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
No kidding that Heater Core is a PITA I have to get off my ass and do mine already too.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
The heater core is probably the only job i will consider letting a shop do to my car, besides the obvious, like machine work, paint, etc.

It looks like the biggest pain in the ass...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
just eliminate the whole thing and be done with it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
just take the lazy way out, and re-route the heater hoses, but living in NY you might want to have a heater..

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
cnewingham said:
just eliminate the whole thing and be done with it.
Speak for yourself, you live in San Diego :lol:. Not all of us live in "a whales vagina".

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA ^^^^

Yea i still dont think i'd let a shop do it. if it takes me forever owell i guess i won't be driving my car around for awhile. NO WAY IN HELL am i ever taking my car to a shop unless its paint or body work, or machine work.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
it's not as bad as people make it out to be. to get the dash out, after you've removed all screws holding it in, the easiest way i've found is to pull off the two nuts under the steering column. (they're larger ones)

let the steering wheel/column assembly drop down onto the driver's seat and rest there. the dash will come out without much trouble after that.

-shaeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts