Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my on my 1993 supra with a 2jzgte, the temp gauge on the gauge cluster, just pinned to High. Even when the car is only warm. I unplug the single pin sensor and it drops back to cool. I ordered a new sensor and tried to install it, but the sensor threads are just a little to big for the housing. Is there a slightly smaller size sensor for these?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which one did you buy? One is mounted under the curved water neck. Actually, I think there are two sensors around there, one used for cold start and I believe the other drives the gauge too. Or it may just be that one. I screwed one of those sensors up around there, broke the sensor and the connector housing. Wouldn’t start when it was cold out and my temp gauge was jacked. I bought a new pigtail and sensor from a known Supra part vendor online.

If you go to a parts store they will just sell you the first thing that shows up on the screen that’s close to what you’re talking about.

The other screws in the radiator and it is used for a fan signal. The one at the radiator on my car is unplugged, has been for years. I did that to cause my electric fans to run all the time.

I know for a fact the one on the radiator does not drive the temp gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts