Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to remove the metal tube that wraps around the back of the engine since I’m running an oil cooled turbo and want to eliminate as many block-offs as possible. Is there an adapter anyone makes for the water pump to us AN fittings and braided lines (and then use a T for heater)? Or will the GE tube solve this issue? Neither I can seem to track down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i went with the NA... not sure it is the best option.. but it does clean up some of it.

i almost think the best thing to do is take the one you have and just weld it up to what you need.

my post on the subject

·
Registered
332 Posts
i went with the NA... not sure it is the best option.. but it does clean up some of it.

i almost think the best thing to do is take the one you have and just weld it up to what you need.

my post on the subject
Looks great, how is your build going?

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,179 Posts
I used NA as well.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,179 Posts
Sorry I’ve gotta re-reply to this. Your question is a little confusing. You’re running an oil cooled turbo. Ok, cool. What does that have to do with the water pipe? The purpose of the water pipe out the back of the pump and around the back of the block is to send coolant through the oil cooler under the intake manifold. If you delete the oil cooler and run the filter straight to the block then yeah you can get rid of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The idea is to eliminate blocking off the turbo coolant outlet and throttle body outlet to avoid potential headaches later on, keeping the stock oil cooler. But rethinking this, it might be best to have them welded shut and be done with it.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,179 Posts
The idea is to eliminate blocking off the turbo coolant outlet and throttle body outlet to avoid potential headaches later on, keeping the stock oil cooler. But rethinking this, it might be best to have them welded shut and be done with it.
Ahh yes then in that case you will have to remove the pipe and weld the outlets shut. I also weld the bottom outlet on the water pump shut as well as remove the two barns from the upper water neck and weld the holes shut too. If you can TIG weld it should be easy to do. There’s also a barb on the intake side of the head that I remove and tap and plug but I do that when the head is off. You can probably weld that shut too if the intake manifold and/or throttle body are removed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts