Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well to start off, i do have a blown headgasket. my car will overheat in about 25 minutes in 80+ degrees. engine has a 12" single electric fan directly zip tied onto the radiator (i didnt do it) and i also just rigged up the smaller condenser fan as well (my ac is removed). i did a coolant flush and replaced the thermostat but still no luck on not overheating. just as a side note which i thought was strange, the condenser fan pushes (or what it feels like) a lot more air than the damn 12" fan. i also have no fan shroud or under engine valances??? i think thats what they're called. i should probably have both right? i know my main concern is most likely the bhg, but what else can i do to keep it cool until i get to the bhg repair.

· Supra Enthusiast
2,525 Posts
stop driving the car and overheating it. There's pretty much no reason to keep doing that to yourself, you're only warping the F out of that head. I say just suck it up and do the hg.

Ps not trying to sound like a dick but when it comes down to this kind of situation, I feel strongly about just getting it done right

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yea i know, i have the hg and studs on the way. its my dd and i have no other way of getting to work so i gotta drive it. luckily work is only 15 min away, but sometimes i have to drive down to Green Bay, which is that 25 min when it overheats.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
and when the car gets over the half mark just turn the car off and turn the heater all the way on.
do you have to keep filling up your radiator?

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup im laying off the boost. i never have to fill up the radiator. my gauge will go up, and i'll pull over and let it cool down for about 10-15 min if i have the time. when this happens i can hear the coolant gurgling and the overflow bottle will start to fill up and smoke. spoolme, so when my car overheats and i pull over, i should turn the heater all the way on??? how come? any body have any info on the fan shroud or under valance?

· Registered
3,818 Posts
turn the heater on becuase it makese coolant go thru the heater core and helps cool a bit. everyone on here says turn the heater on when your car gets hot. it seems to help me sometimes.

· Registered
3,965 Posts
turn the heater on, get better fans, and I noticed that if you let it idle it will cool down faster usually (if it doesn't start cooling down immediatly, shut it off)

· SC61 Powered 90T
878 Posts
If you HAVE to drive the car get another electric fan and wire them to run at all time

my dual dsm fans will not let me car warm up past 150 degrees (stock range is alittle over 200) on my autometer gauge even if I drive for hours in 100 degree Florida heat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.