Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok soo here's the deal, umm I was leaking coolant out of my weep hole on my water pump, replaced the water pump, and after I replaced and had everything put back together, I started up the engine let it run and get hot, well it overheated b/c of the the air in the system, well i released the air ok then everythin was good, except my temp. gauge said i was running warmer than normal but not over heating, well then I thought my thermostat was sticking a little bit so I put in a new one, well when I did that, I broke the wire off the bottom connector on my thermostat housing, it was the wire right under the Temperature sending unit, well i drove around for a few hours and no problems except my temperature gauge was all screwy, like it would sit right then it would show that my car was running colder and eventually it went down right to the bottom line. I was still putting out heat but not very much, well i fixed the connector and still no good it still said i was running cold even though i wasn't, Well after i got on the interstate to drive home, my temp gauge went to normal instead of really low, When i boosted my temp gauge dropped from normal to low, and ok well then i pulled off the interstate and checked my car and my thermostat housing looked good no leaks but my upper radiator hose was sucked together like there was suction but no coolant flow soo i turned the car off and went and released the pressure on my system with my radiator cap, and all my coolant rushed into my overflow and started pouring out so i put the cap back on the over flow and it rushed out the tube on the overflow. Well i went home changed my thermostat back to the old one b/c it's only about 2 months old and same things are happening again.

Can anyone help me please???

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
There's a thing you can get from the parts house. It's a funnel with a radiator cap that you can use to bleed the system (worked for me). Also, the thermostat should have a small hole on the flat part, make sure that's at the top. It allows air to pass the thermostat and prevent your problem.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mod's Please Close Thread

Mods Please Close This Thread...........

What happened was When i changed my waterpump my radiator got clogged with a napkin my own doing, and i forgot to take it out of my radiator, everything is fixed now I had my system flushed and everything's good.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Mods Please Close This Thread...........

What happened was When i changed my waterpump my radiator got clogged with a napkin my own doing, and i forgot to take it out of my radiator, everything is fixed now I had my system flushed and everything's good.
LOL :lol::lol: oops

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL :lol::lol: oops

I feel like kicking my own ass for doing something stupid like that, but it happens at 2 in the morning, you forget things

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol happy you figured it out.. I know someone that did that on the intercooler and thought the turbo was blown.

Dude that sucks, Yeah hopefully I won't make anymore of those kind of mistakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts