Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this thread done but I think it is an interesting topic to bring up. What cars do you think are the biggest cop magnets and why? I personally think that a lot of Japanese imports are but If I would put cars in order I would say:

Civic
Evo
STi
Mustang
Integra/RSX

These are not in order and this is not a full list.

I also would say that Supras are huge cop magnets as well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
359 Posts
well you've got the Evo and STi so check.

I'd say for the integra/rsx and civic only the ones with ricer coffee can exhausts are cop magnets. there are too many of these cars on the road for them all to be magnets.

mustangs i don't know if i agree... and most cops like mustangs anyways so they probably go a bit easier on them? just speculation of coarse.

Supra's are Huge Cop/Cock magnets you know that. If its a clean supra its a cop magnet, one of my friends got followed in his supra by a cop for a couple miles and he wasn't even almost speeding, he was just going for a cruise around his neighborhood. if its a dirty beat to sh*t wingless NA it probably flies under the radar... but thats still a maybe.

·
Registered
870 Posts
around here id vote for Evo, STI's dont get bothered and by some grace of god i never get pulled over in my FD. maybe because they think its a Corvette

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Any car that the 16-25 year age bracket drives. That's why I had a Legacy GT over an STi, and why I now have a WRX wagon over a sedan.

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supra's are Huge Cop/Cock magnets you know that. If its a clean supra its a cop magnet, one of my friends got followed in his supra by a cop for a couple miles and he wasn't even almost speeding, he was just going for a cruise around his neighborhood. if its a dirty beat to sh*t wingless NA it probably flies under the radar... but thats still a maybe.
It kinda Sucks too. Despite that I wouldn't get rid of my car. Personally I have never been followed by the cops in my car. But the cock magnet is right on. If only girls knew about this car....

On another point do you guys think that the GT-R would be a cop magnet? I personally don't think so because If you look at it from far away and know nothing about cars it looks kind of like a Maxima. Any GT-R owners want to Chime in?

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,274 Posts
Pretty much the cars you have listed. There are not than many Supras on the streets nowadays, but I would think they would still get the popo's attention more than your average Camry. I guess at all depends on how you drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any car that the 16-25 year age bracket drives. That's why I had a Legacy GT over an STi, and why I now have a WRX wagon over a sedan.
Seems to me this is pretty much the case. As a general matter, pretty much anything that looks fast and a younger driver could afford is prolly going to catch a policeman's eye. One exception to the general rule are more exotic cars that people with more money than sense might buy (not talking about all exotic owners, just a few like Nick Bollea? and the guy who killed two people in his 911*).

examples:
Ws6 trans ams
SS camaros
911/944/968/928
etc etc.

Also, I'm not sure about vettes, mainly on account of the fact that every one I've ever seen has been driven by an old guy that baby's it.

*See midwest supraforums

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Top 10 Most Ticketed Vehicles

10. Toyota Matrix (tied)
10. Audi A4 (tied)
8. Subaru Outback
7. Scion xA
6. Mercedes CLS63 AMG
5. Toyota Solara
4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG
3. Scion xB
2. Scion tC
1. Hummer H2

http://www.beyond.ca/top-10-most-ticketed-vehicles/1481.html

When I had the stock wing on my Supra, I would get pulled over in California EVERY TIME I drove. Not kidding.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The least ticked car list had the Jaguar XJ on top. XJR ftw! lol The Mazda6 made the #6 on least ticketed list so perhaps a MazdaSpeed6 can fly under the radar.

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before I crashed my Mazdaspeed3 I never got pulled over by the cops and my car had Tenzo DCs with a red lining on the outside of the rim and a small spoiler extention, not to mention that the car was all red with black mazda logos. I didn't even get as much as anyone following me. My car got a lot of attention from people both guys and girls. The guys would ask if its turbo and AWD and the girls would say that my car is cute. I would imagine the car driven in a certain way would easily attract attention though.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Anything red, yellow and half the Lamborghini color palette.

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
Before I crashed my Mazdaspeed3 I never got pulled over by the cops and my car had Tenzo DCs with a red lining on the outside of the rim and a small spoiler extention, not to mention that the car was all red with black mazda logos. I didn't even get as much as anyone following me. My car got a lot of attention from people both guys and girls. The guys would ask if its turbo and AWD and the girls would say that my car is cute. I would imagine the car driven in a certain way would easily attract attention though.
Same here. Only difference is I've kept my car visually stock. I haven't had one cop look at me like he wanted to give me a ticket. It might help that I usually go 5 under on the freeway and save all of my fun driving for the SCCA events. The Speed 3 is a great car for having fun but staying unnoticed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Before my Supra, I was big on Camaros. I owned two 96 models in the early 2000's and I remember they attracted the most attention ever, more than any car I've ever owned for some reason.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts