Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any first hand experience with corbeau seats? How is the quality, fabric durability, overall look in person (do they look cheap) and comfort for someone with wide upper body? I was also looking at the Sparco Torino's.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've heard they are very good, up there with Sparco/Brides, if not better. Though it's not a first-hand experience.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Snaps. The corbeau's are significantly cheaper than the sparco's so if they are on par with each other then I cannot see the justification in spending more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have some FX1 Pros in my 5 series that I daily. I love them and very comfy. Great for the money.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Junk. I've had 2 sets of Forzas, and have been totally unimpressed. As far as fitment - it all depends on the brackets - and the ones that Corbeau will sell you are junk, too. Sorry to say.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I've heard they are very good, up there with Sparco/Brides, if not better. Though it's not a first-hand experience.
i think you may be thinking of Cobra, a higher-end seat manufacturer from the UK. Corbeau is generally a 'price conscious' brand.

craig

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
They aren't junk really. If I had the money I would surely not get them though. I have a set of CR1's in my car right now. The brackets they supply suck, and don't line up very well. I had to cut mine a bit to make the drivers side fit IIRC. The seating position is much higher than stock, the seat belt location is way too high, and there isn't a bolt supplied for it either. The fabric durability really sucks as well.

They are decently comfortable though, but the padding on the lower side bolsters will wear through from repeated entry. It's more like the shitty wear pad will wear through, which will in turn wear through the padding. :lol:

I plan to chop my bracket up to be a lot lower (at least for the driver's seat). Also I need to chop the seat belt location down a bit since it really is annoying. I was going to just get rid of my bracket and mount it straight to the floor with a simple bracket. The sliders don't have great adjustability, and I don't move my seat so I don't need it anymore.

My review makes them seem really terrible, but for the money the actual seats aren't bad. The fabric just is cheap, and the brackets are not what I would want to put in my car again. I drove 15hrs straight to Texas in them, and other than recently separating my shoulder at the time, they were comfortable. Mine were the cloth seats.

Alex

·
Registered
632 Posts
I love the shit out of my seats. I have them dr&ps they are WELL worth the money and they fit perfect.I have the Forza II models(fixed in black) The only thing I don't like is that they sit a little bit higher then stock but slight mod to bracket and they are back to stock. They have lasted me two years and have held up perfect. Come on brand new I got 2 seats, 2 sliders, 5pt 3"harness dr 4pt 2" ps for under $900. Really where else are you going to find a nice full set up for that. Shoot Takata seat belts cost you that much or one sparco. The weight too isn't that bad I believe its around 24pds w/slider

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
I love the shit out of my seats. I have them dr&ps they are WELL worth the money and they fit perfect.I have the Forza II models(fixed in black) The only thing I don't like is that they sit a little bit higher then stock but slight mod to bracket and they are back to stock. They have lasted me two years and have held up perfect. Come on brand new I got 2 seats, 2 sliders, 5pt 3"harness dr 4pt 2" ps for under $900. Really where else are you going to find a nice full set up for that. Shoot Takata seat belts cost you that much or one sparco. The weight too isn't that bad I believe its around 24pds w/slider
lol, i was gonna throw your name out there for feedback on them. but since you beat me to it nevermind...

they do look nice in his car though! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
hey guys i searched around and i have some questions.

i have a corbeau clubman i got off a buddy, but i need seat rails

is there any other type of rails that can be used that arent the corbeaus

also which are the loweest ones usable for this seat. thanks guys

oh yeah its an 1989 mkiii...
i didnt wanna start another seat thread haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
I currently have two sets of Corbeaus currently in two cars. My daily driver has a pair of black A4s and they are now about 4 years old and have about 25,000+ miles on them and the fabric is now starting to separate at the leather patches on the bolster areas. The plastic hoops where a set of harnesses would go through are cracked and I had to re-glue them and the black is starting to show its age and seat time.

My turbo project car also has black A4s and look brand new even though they are also 4 years old as well but have less than a 1,000 miles on them.

Pros on the Corbeaus:
1) Very lightweight, if you are looking for a weight conscious seat these hard to beat. 26lbs per seat
2) Price $320 per seat that was once FIA rated, again tough to seat
3) Adjustable
4) Can squeeze into almost any tight space
5) Fairly easy to fab rails for them, if you are creative (I made my own rails for both cars)
6) Reasonable customer service, 1 year warranty
7) The seats gets everyone's attention

Cons:
1) Do not seem to age well
2) The A4 is not a good seat to sit in for more than 150miles at a time, and I am 175lbs 6'foot tall. Feels very confining especially with the high sides

I like my Corbeaus and will probably stick with the brand.

607 Posts
ya the LG1 or CR1 are better for long trips. i'll be buying a set very soon.

·
killing bad guys
1,683 Posts
Just bought a set of A4 seats. Well see how they work out... not bad for 850 bucks both seats and sliders/brackets...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts