Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was taking a look some of the corner balancing equations and deciced to put them into an excel file. Basically all you have to do is put in your 4 corner weights and it will do the rest. It will show you the optimum setup for your car. I know this stuff isn't too hard to calculate, just time consuming and a "good" corner balancing shop should know how to do it but just in case you can check yourself. Lemme know if you have any questions, but its pretty straight foward.

Corner_Balancing_MTR.xls

Mike

·
11,221 Posts
Well this is for lazy people I guess. Corner balancing is only available only coilovers, correct? Or I guess any suspension setup that is adjustable.

Is corner balancing basically raising or lowering the shock/spring settings on each corner until they can be as accurate as possible?

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
michaelvanle said:
Well this is for lazy people I guess. Corner balancing is only available only coilovers, correct? Or I guess any suspension setup that is adjustable.

Is corner balancing basically raising or lowering the shock/spring settings on each corner until they can be as accurate as possible?
You can only corner balance car's with ride height adjustable suspensions. Yea you are adjusting the ride height to transfer the weight on the corners so the car will "feel" like it corners the same on righthanders as lefts even though there is a different weight distribution.

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
Tried the calculator, as it sits my car is 4 pounds away from perfect diagonals.

LF: 998 RF: 956
LR: 804 RR: 764

3522 total lbs. with driver & full tank, GAB shocks, RS*R springs.

- Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts