Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal. i got my car tuned 2 weeks ago with really bad boost leaks. i fixed the leaks 2 days ago and it was leaking out of both end tanks of the intercooler, vac lines, and fuel rail (injectors popped out at 30 psi). so obviously this was a big boost leak and my car was tuned with this problem so it still ran rich. now that the leak is fixed does it make sense that my car is running leaner when it boosts. i cant hold boost. it boggs so much and makes a loud banging misfire sound (i have brand new plugs), im guessing the car just behaves so much different now and i just need to be re tuned. the car runs fine and i run the spring set boost for now at 6-7 psi. i hope i didnt blow some shit. i barely boost.

thanks
Ray

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Well its logic...........boost leaks make you LOSE air........thus making a rich condition and a not so well running engine.

Fix those and poof you're not losing that air that was accounted for in the tuning, thus leaning your mixture.

Fix it with the tuning, and you'll be grade-A.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: TUNING IS KEY!!!!! Without tuning my car can barely keep up with a BPU supra.........once it's tuned BPU TT's will be seein tail-lights. :run:

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Urban Customs said:
true, very true, i just hope i didnt blow anything.
Better safe than sorry. 99% of the time motor failure is not sudden and without reason........its poor maintenance that kills motors.

Not checking your fluids, monitoring A/F ratios, and not doing preventive maintenance as well as cheaping out in certain areas when modifying are small things, but if you add them up over time they spell recipe for disaster.

Don't boost it until you can get it tuned again.......hell don't DRIVE it until you can get it tuned properly.......only reason I drive mine is because I know I'm on the rich side regardless........its the calling card of a MKIII.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts