Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's my story... On 420 (Weed Day :)) I was pulled over going home for doing a red light violation. I was doing a right turn. The light ahead was red but i fully stopped, signal, and looked around the light going the direction i was turning into was green. So im balancing my clutch getting ready to drive off then the lights going my direction turns red and the left turn lanes turned green half way out of the turn a cop nearly rams into me. he did not have his lights on or anything so why does he have the rights to be taking a turn so fast?? so he pulls me over and ran up being a dick going "what the heck is your problem". pull me out of my car and patted me down. when he pulled me out i didnt get to turn off my fogs cause they are wired to work on there own so my batteries also died.

so this cop makes me shit bricks while he walk aorund my car look for something to bust me for. pulls out a book that has laws and shit to see what he can write me down for. so then he writes me a ticket for a red light violation.

so today i got a letter in the mail saying that he did my violations wrong and so they are changing my violation to something else? its in code so i dont know what the heck they changing it to. i snapped a photo of the slip below. have anyone ever got this? what happened at court? am i cleared of it?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Dude, they can't be changing that after the fact.
Remember, when he made you sign the ticket, what was it for?
If it is something else, then they don't have your signature for that either.

Alsl, i would go to court and explain to the judge and ask where does making a turn constitute a pat down and search of personal property?

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
wait.. i think i can help.. since i already got 3 tickets in 1 month (dont ask me how) and just got out of court case yesterday.. if u signed the ticket. it should say what u signed for. if what u got in mail is different than what u sign.. take that to court on ur court date. if its the same thing then jus wait till ur court papers get there. once u get ur court papers it will tell u, either to show up for court, or else tell u that u could sign up for traffic school (if u havent been to traffic school in last 18 months).
if u get a court date then jus go to court and tell them that ur not guilty and try to fight for it. if u get lucky ur ticket issuing officer wont show up and they will cancel the case. and if he shows up like mine did (freaking ahole), the u get to argue with him for what was the reason for u getting the ticket. and if u choose to argue with him, try to make ur argument sound legit. not like this lady that i saw (i am not satisfied with my ticket, i dont like ur judgement, i dont understand, why u give me ticket, i want my money back), if u do lose then all u have to do is just pay the fine and live with a point on ur record. thats all.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
it looks like the code he wrote u down for was not a red light violation...12814.6 CVC seems to be something with our license...not sure tho. u should go check on the website or online...it should have a list of violation codes.

but yea, it seems like they change it to additional violations of the same code? not sure but u can always try to fight it in court. what i would do is go to court, and see what the violations are and determine your options.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
First 12 months of licensure may not transport passengers under age 20, and may not drive between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM without parent/other driver as specified in Section 12814.6 CVC

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh :p

that was another thing i got introuble for. but anyone know what are the add ons?

·
Banned
342 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
First 12 months of licensure may not transport passengers under age 20, and may not drive between the hours of 11:00 PM and 5:00 AM without parent/other driver as specified in Section 12814.6 CVC
yea that was a lame thing but the 2 times i got pulled over when i had my lisence for the 6 months (back when that was the rules) i got lucky and had nobody with me. even though like 60 times i was driving under the influence of 420 or beer. but i got lucky cuz i look so much older. and if you get in trouble for having people with you your screwed man.

well thats what they told me

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really? all i got was a fine. :dunno:

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my fine for everything is 260... how much is traffic school? and which is easier. i know for sure i did not do a red light violation then again its a cop words vs a 16 year old....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts