Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tring to get v160 gear oil so I can change the oil in my 6-speed getrag. I called up the local Toyota shop here, and the guy checked into it. He just called back and said he has some instock. It comes in a one galon jug and costs $27.00.

Now I thought v160 came in one quart containers and cost like $40.00 for each quart. Also I am very surprised that they would keep it in stock, bacause there are like no other Supras in this area (I think there is one other supra, but I'm not sure if it is a 6-speed.)

So my question is how can I make sure this is the good stuff? Does anybody have the real product number for the v160?

D

·
0 Posts
they always have it in stock now

the guy at the dealer don't know what he's talking about.
it's 40-50 a liter.
I think the new 6 speed celica's use that oil too that's why all the dealerships i've been to always had ton of it.
it' s 1 liter not quart.

·
Registered
248 Posts
08885-01306

you'll need close to two liters or just pump untill it overflows.

last time i stoped by the dealership to buy some differential fluids, they brought out a liter of v160 for my differential:rolleyes: .know what you are buying!

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tt4playn said:
08885-01306

you'll need close to two liters or just pump untill it overflows.

last time i stoped by the dealership to buy some differential fluids, they brought out a liter of v160 for my differential:rolleyes: .know what you are buying!
Thanks for the code number. What is the best way to tell the parts guy that he is full of it, without getting on his bad side? I was very explicit over the phone so that he wouldn't get confused about what I was asking for. Then he calles back and says he's got the stuff for $27. I suggested that v160 should cost a lot more and he assured me he was correct. I guess I'm just dissapointed that Toyota would be so quick to sell me the wrong stuff, expeccally when I'm sure they would make more money off the real thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts