Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bah, been trying all day to get these off, did anyone else have this problem? mine are so damned rusted that an impact gun cant even get them off... anyone have any ideas?

·
StrokerClub Member
550 Posts
Try a cutting wheel. I had the same problem and found a small cutting wheel worked great. I used a Roto-Zip Tool. Hope this helps.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
get a 12 point socket that is 1 size too small, and beat it on with an extention and a hammer, then impact that ho off

R

·
0 Posts
LOL!!! Very nice Derek...Get some S'OK It. Best stuff, I've never had a problem with a bolt since I've used this. Hard to find, but it's the best thing

Ryan

·
Registered
730 Posts
bigass breaker bar?
might not be so productive under the car unless you have a lift...
but ive never had to use any other tools other than my regular socket or my assortment of a 12", 18", or 24" breaker bars

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
meh socket slightly too small hammer it on there and have at it. took some real musle to get mine off, i told you that depeding on how the bolts cooperated is how long it would take to install the exhaust ;)

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rocky28072 said:
try putting some heat on the bolts with a torch....
Tried that =) didnt work, heated the bolts up till there were red

5spd_sc300 said:
get a 12 point socket that is 1 size too small, and beat it on with an extention and a hammer, then impact that ho off
This is what i ended up doing.. beat that socket on there until it stuck... then impacted the hell out of it for like 20 minutes and it came off..

gamimnon said:
meh socket slightly too small hammer it on there and have at it. took some real musle to get mine off, i told you that depeding on how the bolts cooperated is how long it would take to install the exhaust ;)
Totally right, thats what determines how long it will take..

All in all, took about 8 hours to finally finish it all :( but damn it sounds so good it makes up for it.:D

heres a picture i rezized.. its 50%smaller.. so it shouldnt be too big.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts