Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Does look nice, except for the cheap-o GM temperature control knobs, which I have always hated.

Any word on what this new updated version of the LS engine brings to the table? Too lazy to click.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Oh wow. I'm really surprised to see the availability of a full leather wrapped interior. This is really great news for both enthusiasts and Chevrolet. The interior may have been reason enough for some people to stay away, but Chevrolet has made an attempt to correct that. Now, there's really nothing that you have to sacrifice in a Vette.

Ok, ok, so the HVAC controls are a bit cheesy, but they have billet knobs available to replace them.

Autoblog said:
Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package – Available on Coupe, Convertible and Z06 models, the new Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package offers a stylish, two-tone leather-appointed cabin with details that enhance the feeling of Corvette's craftsmanship. Details include:

* Two-tone, leather-wrapped upper and lower instrument panel, door pads and seats
* Choice of new, exclusive colors: Linen or Sienna, with unique color breakup
* Padded door panel armrests
* "Corvette" embroidered on passenger-side dash pad
* Embroidered crossed flags logo on headrests
* Unique center trim plate with Bias pattern.

Interior enhancements – All models feature a new wrapped instrument panel center trim plate, with bright surrounds for the shifter and cupholder. There are also new metal-finish door sill plates that greet passengers as they step into the vehicle, as well as a new lighted control knob for the available Magnetic Selective Ride Control.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nice way to go GM...Even with the leather it still looks kinda cheapy but much better than before.....Love the power increase on the base model...They can now give a Gen II Viper a serious run....Wish they would take the Z06 interior upscale though.....At its price range it should be full leather treatment and better shaped interior pieces....Those vents and center stack just look cheap...More at home in the price range of my car..

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Oh wow. I'm really surprised to see the availability of a full leather wrapped interior. This is really great news for both enthusiasts and Chevrolet. The interior may have been reason enough for some people to stay away, but Chevrolet has made an attempt to correct that. Now, there's really nothing that you have to sacrifice in a Vette.

Ok, ok, so the HVAC controls are a bit cheesy, but they have billet knobs available to replace them.

You have a point on the interior, which has always been a low point for the Vette (including the C6) but appears to be much nicer on the 08. Can't wait to see how it looks and feels in person. And 430 HP for the base Vette (436 for the Z51 package with the Z06 exhaust) is awesome:agreed:

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
The problem still is that you can't tell if you're sitting in a Vette or a 1500 Sierra Truck.... haha.

Domestic Interiors are crap and always will be:) Keep in mind, I have an 07 Tahoe. Not sure why though...

·
Registered
437 Posts
The problem still is that you can't tell if you're sitting in a Vette or a 1500 Sierra Truck.... haha.

Domestic Interiors are crap and always will be:) Keep in mind, I have an 07 Tahoe. Not sure why though...
I HATE domestic interiors. Someone let me borrow a Yukon for a weekend. Ill never do that again, lol.

·
Registered
342 Posts
the interiors are a huge step up compared to the last gen stuff though! We had the previous gen Escalade with the tupperware interior and now have the current Escalade. Huge step up in quality to be honest.

Now, the interior of the S-Class we have is still way better than both, but i think thats what you expect when you pay the premium that it commands over the Caddilac.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice way to go GM...Even with the leather it still looks kinda cheapy but much better than before.....Love the power increase on the base model...They can now give a Gen II Viper a serious run....Wish they would take the Z06 interior upscale though.....At its price range it should be full leather treatment and better shaped interior pieces....Those vents and center stack just look cheap...More at home in the price range of my car..

Looks 10 times better then the 350z interior. You cant have everything but it is a huge improvement.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Not feeling the two-tone color execution here.

T66Dawg hit it right with the historic Vette interior treatment philosophy and the curiosity to see it in person.

The Vette will always be the car that puts performance value first ahead of interior opulence/execution with its design criteria and allocation of funds. And expensive interior would trim profits, which on a niche can thin out greatly during its design cycle as volumes wane out and suddenly force huge price increases.

One can leave the interior treatment for the future Caddy versions of that chassis.

Overall nothing really to complain about either. The placement of buttons/gauges/controls all looks O.K. given the more limited dash space of this low car.

Even the C5 interior was a bit better in person than the cheezy look in photos / brochures.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Looks 10 times better then the 350z interior. You cant have everything but it is a huge improvement.

LMAO I was waiting for the first hater to chime in as of course they would misunderstand my post and just see another opportunity to bash the Z LMAO...So predictable.....Reread my post einstein and you will see that your post was extremely unnecessary. Look at the vents etc..very cheap..You can cover shit with leather but at the end of the day its still leather covered shit.....GM should have stepped up the entire interior instead of just covering it in two tone leather..any aftermarket company can do that and probably a better job.....But at least with the Vette you got the LS3 to make you forget the little nagging things:bigok:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
The interior of the C6 is very basic but I don't think there's much to complain about. Everything is pretty solid and has a decent feel to it. In the end it's a sports car and there aren't ANY other new cars within $20K that have the same all-around performance the C6 does.

The L92 heads they're putting on the LS3 flow extremely well and it's rumored the LS3 is underrated and/or detuned with that 430HP rating... headers and a tune are going to put it close to 500HP (if not over).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts