Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you say a 97 TT RSP supra AUTO with only 38,503 miles on it would cost? It is completely stock.

anyone happen to know someone selling a RSP supraTT 6 speed?

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
You must be talking about the Supra at that dealership in PA. There was a long thread about it a month ago. They started out at $49,900. They told me the bottom line that would take was $41,XXX. I won their ebay ad at $35k, but they didn't take that.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I say its worth $30k. You can find many '97 auto TTs w/ around 60k miles for around $25k.;) But thats just me, I love Supras, but would never pay over blue book, muchless $15k more.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you love supras so much, why say you would never pay over blue book? I highly doubt many people have paid blue book, very rarely do cars sell for blue book.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lessthanryan28 said:
If you love supras so much, why say you would never pay over blue book? I highly doubt many people have paid blue book, very rarely do cars sell for blue book.
What are you talking about?

Well your kinda right, most all cars never sell for blue book, they sell for less. The only car I know to sell for blue book+ is the MKIV. Blue book is retail price, like KBB blue book values (they are very high prices alot of used car lots go by). Most used vehicles are bought for private party value, which is in between black book and blue book values. Blue book is the high value, not the low. Trade-in value or black book would be getting a great deal :D Which I did on my Jeep;)

For example, there is a used car lot by my house that always has ads in the paper stating the KBB value of thier vehicles (which is high), then as some kinda dumba$$ gimick they show their price which is usually $1k-$2k lower than KBB. Like its suppost to be some good deal, but I would pay (up to) blue book value for a MKIV, so yeah I love MKIVs.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here is Blue Book (Retail price)

1997 Toyota Supra Limited Edition Turbo L'Back 2D

Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.0L Turbo
Trans: Automatic
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 38,503

Equipment
Sport Roof
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Alloy Wheels

Retail Value $31,145

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value represents the amount an auto dealer might ask for a specific vehicle. The Suggested Retail Value is a starting point for negotiation therefore the actual sale price will vary. Popularity, condition, warranty, color and local market conditions will be factors involved in determining a final price. This retail value is not a trade-in or private party value.
This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. The Suggested Retail Value also allows for advertising, sale commissions, insurance and other costs of doing business as a dealer. Most vehicles being offered at this price have passed an inspection and some may carry a warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is private party value:

Equipment
Sport Roof
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

Private Party Value $28,340

Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Trade-in value:

Equipment
Sport Roof
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

Trade-In Value $25,650

Trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer owned vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the vehicle ready for sale, advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the vehicle for any mechanical or safety problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you seldom pay less than blue book for any of your vehicles I feel sorry for you. Like I said I try to get close or at trade-in value on most vehicles I've owned, but usally end up about private party value. BUT, for a Supra I will pay blue book. :D

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
newone said:
I say its worth $30k. You can find many '97 auto TTs w/ around 60k miles for around $25k.;) But thats just me, I love Supras, but would never pay over blue book, muchless $15k more.
Newone, how much did you pay for your MKIV TT? You've been looking for one for a long time now, so I assume you bought one since you have found so many deals like that. Those deals are just growing on trees aren't they? Tell us about your Supra.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
SupraLB said:
Newone, how much did you pay for your MKIV TT? You've been looking for one for a long time now, so I assume you bought one since you have found so many deals like that. Those deals are just growing on trees aren't they? Tell us about your Supra.
:agreed:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts