Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I ran a search for this topic, but didn't find really what I'm looking for so i hope you guys can help me out a bit. I just got a job that I'll be able to afford a supra finally :D. Anyhow, I have found a supra in actually really decent condition, however it has high miles on the engine (around 150k). The car is well within my means, a little less that i actually am willing to spend. My quesiton is this...

How much would a mild engine build cost. This would ential a cleanup of the cylenders, and some strong rods, as well as forged pistons and high quality rings. Also what parts would you suggest for a rebuild like this?

thanks in advanced

-Jason

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what up dude?
you could buy a new short block if your heads are good and be like brand new. supra internals are very strong dont think you need stronger pistons and rods unless you gonna use a whole grip of NOS

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if nothing else I'd like to atleast upgrade the stock rods. I know the internals are very strong, however this is a project car for me and I'd like to hit 800+rwhp. Now I know there are supra's putting down those numbers on stock internals, but none the less it's probably on the edge between being safe, and nuking the engine. I'd feel safer with atleast upgraded rods. Especially because there are no supra specific tuner's in my area, and I'm not at all a tuning genious.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I were you, and I was genuinely interested in this endeavor, I would give one of the more reputable Supra shops and/or Supra tuners a call and run this question by them because threads like this come up so often that they are usually ignored.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts