Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 4 months of work I am finally done with stage 1. My MK3 runs and drives perfectly. Here is what my rebuild cost me. I passed Ca smog yesterday with 550s and lexus afm, with 0.00 emissions at idle, and at 2500 rpm it can be done. Note there is no spending on MHG or ARP head studs. YOU NEED THESE 100% MY car came with them so i didnt need to buy them. their cost is ~$200 hopefully this is helpful!

Complete Engine Rebuild Price Paid Source Description
1: Stock Toyota pistons $442.00 JM Toyota #2 size New
2: Stock Toyota gasket kit $330.00 JM Toyota
3: Stock Toyota Pinston Rings $130.00 JM Toyota #2 size New
4: Clevite Main Bearings $58.00 Summit #2 size New
5: Clevite Rod Bearings $62.00 Summit #2 size New
6: Clevite Thrust Washer kit $16.00 Summit #2 size New
7: Block prep. $174.00 Percival Machine Hot tank, 60 deg. Hone, Deck
8: Flywheel prep. $51.00 Percival Machine Resurface flywheel
9: External gaskets $64.00 Dublin Toyota see recepts
10: Vacum Lines $18.00 Monument Car Parts see recepts
11. Oil and Filters $39.00 Monument Car Parts 10-w30 and 3 Fram filters
12. Gear oil $52.00 Monument Car Parts Redline 75-w90
13 Coolant $30.00 Monument Car Parts AC Delco
14. Gasket Maker $8.00 Monument Car Parts Loctite
15. Gasket Sealer $5.00 Monument Car Parts Loctite
16. Brake Fluid $9.00 Monument Car Parts DOT 3
17. 02 Sensor $100.00 Jay Marks Toyota OEM Toyota New
18. Thremostat $9.00 Jay Marks Toyota OEM Toyota New
19 Throttle Position Sensor $40.00 Supra Forums OEM Toyota used
20. Spark Plug gally cover $52.00 JBL MKIII bling
total $1,689.00

*****UPDATE! My car overheated, so I bought a new water pump, please add $67.00 to toal price, bringing it to about $1759.

~scott

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
i think they got ya for an extra 25.00 on the flywheel because it was 25 for me to just get it resurfaced! but still total it isnt a bad price at all!!! hell yeah!

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, i was limited to machine shops, and i know that percival is a good one, so i forked out some extra $. I really didnt wanna cut any corners.

I would also like to thank some people. Ckanderson for selling me that car for so cheap, Dr Jones, itr 206, idealsupra, Chriso for lending smog equipment, and supraforums.com.

~scott

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
hey man do what ya gotta do. over all price isnt bad at all! i have seen many break the 2k marker easily!

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Damn man, you paid $572 for stock pistons and rings? I paid $489 for a set of Ross FORGED pistons with rings.

But thats cool man, my machine work alone cost me $1500. Im puttin the finishing touches on the car as we speak and then Im gonna add up all the work and parts Ive paid for, see how much it is.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In toyota we trust. Im sure you will be happy with your ROSS setup, and i seriously considered it. But there are 5 different sizes of stock pistions and I wanted everything to be perfect, since i didnt over bore my block I was hesitant to use the 1 size that ross offers for stock bore. Note, I also payed 20% less than listed prices for all OEM toyota parts because I'm an employee.

~scott

N

·
0 Posts
That's bad ass dawg. looks sweet. i need to do the same. but i already have my flywheel and clutch done. then i blew the head gasket. more pix hell yeah :rockon:

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
$50 is not a lot for a flywheel resurface. I have not been able to find anything under $45 near me. I'm paying $250 for decking the block (probably just a resurface since it's got no warpage), honing the cylinders, hot tanking and resurfacing the flywheel.

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Shlongor said:
$50 is not a lot for a flywheel resurface. I have not been able to find anything under $45 near me.
Jarco only charged me $30 for my flywheel resurface.

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
dude h&m performance has a full gasket set oem for 99 bucks come on man you cant go to the dealers to get stuff. but a great rebuild and i love the green it looks the same as mine only alot better.

N

·
0 Posts
supraguru05 said:
dude h&m performance has a full gasket set oem for 99 bucks come on man you cant go to the dealers to get stuff. but a great rebuild and i love the green it looks the same as mine only alot better.
This is not for a full head set take a closer look guy! :dumbass:

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only use OEM toyota parts end of story, when it comes to my supra I am willing to pay for the best. My girlfriend can just get used to drinking cheap wine, and wearing pearls not diamonds.

~scott

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
I only use OEM toyota parts end of story, when it comes to my supra I am willing to pay for the best. My girlfriend can just get used to drinking cheap wine, and wearing pearls not diamonds.

~scott
HAHA, I like that. The car comes first. Im the same way. :bigthumb:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I frankly have never heard of a mk3 water pump going bad... could have just been a bubble in your cooling system. but I would have replaced the pump also.. one less thing to worry about

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could hear it whining, so i replaced it.

~scott

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
good idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts