Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple more questions regarding a fuel system and the choices to make on what parts. Here is the setup I plan on runnings:

75lb Injectors
stock fuel line to stock fuel filter, FDBP to rail
2nd -6AN line from 2nd in tank pump to other side of the rail

OK, now for the questions:

1) I have an option of -10AN or -8AN fuel rails....I am planning on going with the -10AN and reducing it to -6AN...if I need a larger fuel system in the future, it will already be there.

2) Same situation with an Aeromotive FPR....-10AN or go with the -6AN version, I am guessing reduce this one also...for possible fuel upgrade...or just go -6AN?

3) Would you use a center feed return to the stock return line, or return off the FPR?

Thanks in advance for answering any of these questions...I almost have everything in place and will build my fuel system soon based off what other's reccomendations are.

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Jason,

Just get the -10 and reduce it like you are doing.

As for the return line. You'll run from the center on the rail back to the fpr and then from the bottom of the fpr to the stock "Hard" return line. This should work fine as this is what I have been running for about a year now with no problems.

Steve K.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
HotSoup said:
I have a couple more questions regarding a fuel system and the choices to make on what parts. Here is the setup I plan on runnings:

75lb Injectors
stock fuel line to stock fuel filter, FDBP to rail
2nd -6AN line from 2nd in tank pump to other side of the rail

OK, now for the questions:

1) I have an option of -10AN or -8AN fuel rails....I am planning on going with the -10AN and reducing it to -6AN...if I need a larger fuel system in the future, it will already be there.

2) Same situation with an Aeromotive FPR....-10AN or go with the -6AN version, I am guessing reduce this one also...for possible fuel upgrade...or just go -6AN?

3) Would you use a center feed return to the stock return line, or return off the FPR?

Thanks in advance for answering any of these questions...I almost have everything in place and will build my fuel system soon based off what other's reccomendations are.

Jason
I'd use the -8 rail, -10 probably overkill for now, if you need more sell the -8 and buy -10 later... Use the center feed to the side of the fpr and then the bottom port to the stock return. (i would also use the -6 regulator since you will never be running a -10 return line)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Jason, I made up a few parts you can have for really cheap if you want them. One is a FDBP, this you can have for free. I also have an HKS rail you can have for about a hundred bucks. Its brand new. I just have to take a few measurements off of it. Or, if you can wait a little while, Ill make you one that will hold domestic style injectors and be much larger.
To add a little to your post. If it were me, I would go ahead and go overkill on the fuel system itself to start off with. No need to ever have to do it twice. Just choose the correct injectors and overkill on everything else.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
just use the -10 rail

it will act as a fuel damper since it holds a nice volume of fuel ;) then just reduce the -10 to -06 and you are golden. Want more flow in the future. change to a -10/-08 reducer ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts