Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am tired of the old 7m...i got a couple of questions
-how is the parts availibilty on this engine..
-how much does it cost to go single turbo(budget wise)
-whats the hardest thing to do for this swap
-can i use a clutch fan instead of a electrical fan
i try looking for these answers couldnt find them

-what is the realiability of this engine

-from my understanding ..the 2jz and 1jz share the same block but different heads?

thanks guys and please no remarks on the search feature i tried..i really want to go 1jz just need to know should i spend my money on rebuilding the 7m or just go straight to a 1jz

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
ok i am tired of the old 7m...i got a couple of questions
-how is the parts availibilty on this engine..
Pretty good, only scarce parts are ecus it seems, lol... you wont have any problems finding parts and 99% of 2jz parts or 7m parts work
-how much does it cost to go single turbo(budget wise)
say ~ 1500-1600 will get you a turbo kit.. I think 935 offers some reasonably price kits
-whats the hardest thing to do for this swap
The wiring harness
-can i use a clutch fan instead of a electrical fan
yes use a 2jzgte waterpump and waterpump pulley with a 2jzgte fan clutch & fan, fits in stock 7m shroud
-what is the realiability of this engine
Great, only issues are the ecus occationally go out, and the stock twins.. regular maintence is the only other thing you need
-from my understanding ..the 2jz and 1jz share the same block but different heads?
no they are different blocks, but they are interchangable.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Pretty good, only scarce parts are ecus it seems, lol... you wont have any problems finding parts and 99% of 2jz parts or 7m parts work

say ~ 1500-1600 will get you a turbo kit.. I think 935 offers some reasonably price kits

The wiring harness

yes use a 2jzgte waterpump and waterpump pulley with a 2jzgte fan clutch & fan, fits in stock 7m shroud

Great, only issues are the ecus occationally go out, and the stock twins.. regular maintence is the only other thing you need

no they are different blocks, but they are interchangable.
I five you a 100 out of a possible 100.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
The blocks aren't exactly different. They are almost identical except for the fact that the 2JZ block has about an inch of additional height.

·
Registered
469 Posts
For the head, I'm using 2jz 1mm oversize valves in my 1jz head. The 2jz are a little different but with some head work its pretty much plug and play. They share pretty much everything else as far as valve train is concerned. The head flow on the 2jz is just slightly better then the 1jz though.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the great answers..right now i am in a shithole..my headgasket went..it will cost me almost 1000$ to do thsi shit...so its time to think..1jz or 7m..i am leaning towards the 1jz a lot..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts