Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a t-78 MKIV no fuel system,

I am going to install profec B, a vpc and gcc. I have an Safc too lying around. Do I need the safc together with the vpc and gcc?

Also, I am going to be installing a greddy turbo timer, but I have an aftermarket alarm system. Is it going to be a pain to install, because my friend told me that it's going to be a real problem installing the greddy turbo timer if the car has an alarm system on it.?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Usual R Suspex said:
I have a t-78 MKIV no fuel system,

I am going to install profec B, a vpc and gcc. I have an Safc too lying around. Do I need the safc together with the vpc and gcc?

Also, I am going to be installing a greddy turbo timer, but I have an aftermarket alarm system. Is it going to be a pain to install, because my friend told me that it's going to be a real problem installing the greddy turbo timer if the car has an alarm system on it.?
Are you driving around right now with the t78 installed. I thought you couldnt run a t78 without a fuel upgradel

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Re: Re: Couple of questions:Do I really need Safc with vpc and gcc and also.....

blackbird said:

Are you driving around right now with the t78 installed. I thought you couldnt run a t78 without a fuel upgradel
why wouldnt you be able to run a t78 on stock fuel, or any size turbo? all u have to do is keep the boost down, and dont be stupid.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Couple of questions:Do I really need Safc with vpc and gcc and also.....

gritsak said:

why wouldnt you be able to run a t78 on stock fuel, or any size turbo? all u have to do is keep the boost down, and dont be stupid.
I just heard that its hard to keep the t-78 at low boost and not have it spike.

J

·
0 Posts
If you go back to the alarm shop they should be able to wire it up. Some alpine alarms actually have built in turbo timers.

<--- works in a shop with alpine/DEI/clifford alarms.

Lates,
Josh

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Couple of questions:Do I really need Safc with vpc and gcc and also.....

blackbird said:

I just heard that its hard to keep the t-78 at low boost and not have it spike.
the type r wastegate that comes with the kit is awsome, i have been running around with stock fuel at 16psi with absolutely no boost spikes or creeps at all.

·
Registered
559 Posts
type r

what boost controller are you using gristak?

and did you tighten on the spring or you just left with the same setting it came out of the box.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going with the GCC then. Looks simpler. I don't drive the car much because the Wastegate was faulty and I took it off. I'll call Greddy so see what's up. If they can fix it or whatever is excellent, otherwise I'll have to buy a new one. I don't know what's the warranty on wastegate and exhausts though.

I have a viper alarm installed with all the little gadgets, I'll get to them in a couple of weeks as soon as this school thing slows down a bit.

Thanks for all of your response so far, keep them coming:D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Couple of questions:Do I really need Safc with vpc and gcc and also.....

gritsak said:

the type r wastegate that comes with the kit is awsome, i have been running around with stock fuel at 16psi with absolutely no boost spikes or creeps at all.
great i cant wait to get mine installed
thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts