Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am getting pretty close to starting my car up and wondering about tuning questions and what spark plugs to run in my car and what gap. My set up is a 94 Supra TT with Titan Fuel system( 850cc) VPC, G-Force ECU, AFC, HPF 76 GTS turbo kit , cams,HKS DLI, etc. What plugs should I get and where should I gap them. Additionally I know now that I can not touch ignition timing so I need to pull a lot of fuel out of the car ( LO settings)) and any ideas on where to start on 19-20 lbs with my settings? Additionally I saw an earlier thread that I should take the percentage of new injector/ old and say come up with 33% bigger and just pull 33% fuel on my low settings? Does this work and also what should on aim for on my AEM Wideband ( what is the sweet spot for Supra's). Any ideas on 19-20 lbs how much power I will make. Thanks for all the help and I am getting really anxious. Thanks to Matt Miller ( your car really helped me decide to go single ) and Tony( Silver Bullet) for all the help of the past few months.

Sincerely,
John Staats

·
Banned
942 Posts
Jstaats said:
Guys,

I am getting pretty close to starting my car up and wondering about tuning questions and what spark plugs to run in my car and what gap. My set up is a 94 Supra TT with Titan Fuel system( 850cc) VPC, G-Force ECU, AFC, HPF 76 GTS turbo kit , cams,HKS DLI, etc. What plugs should I get and where should I gap them. Additionally I know now that I can not touch ignition timing so I need to pull a lot of fuel out of the car ( LO settings)) and any ideas on where to start on 19-20 lbs with my settings? Additionally I saw an earlier thread that I should take the percentage of new injector/ old and say come up with 33% bigger and just pull 33% fuel on my low settings? Does this work and also what should on aim for on my AEM Wideband ( what is the sweet spot for Supra's). Any ideas on 19-20 lbs how much power I will make. Thanks for all the help and I am getting really anxious. Thanks to Matt Miller ( your car really helped me decide to go single ) and Tony( Silver Bullet) for all the help of the past few months.

Sincerely,
John Staats
I recommend Denso Irridium IK24's. If you're going to be running more than 30psi of boost then switch to the IK27's which are 3 stages colder than stock. Gap em at around 0.26 to 0.28". You can afford to raise the gap to 0.32" if you don't get mis-fire. But most Supra's still idle pretty good at around 0.28". Make sure you hook the side port on the wastegate to the vacuum port on the turbo compressor housing otherwise you will get 40+ psi of boost. You can hook the bottom port up to your boost controller for boost control once you get everything else figured out. If the GForce ECU was built based on stock injectors, then you'll need to lean out your VPC 14% which is max as I recall. Then take your AFC and lean it out another 10% across the board on both low and high settings. Then reset your ECU and start your car when warm. Watch your wide-band. If your wide-band immediately shows around 14:1 then you've done well. If it leaner or richer than this right a few seconds after startup then adjust your AFC, reset your ECU and test again. The goal here is to get the % change in injector size to match the % change in Air-Flow reduction.

Then, do very short pulls while watching your A:F ratio. On cruise you'll want around 14.5:1 ramping down to 11.5:1 at around 10 to 15psi of boost. Be careful here, this is where you can do damage to the motor if you go lean. Always remember, if you start smoking your tires, your wide-band will show excessively lean which isn't necessarily bad in this case. Make sure when you're making adjustments that your tires have traction. That turbo kit will fricken fry your tires to kingdom come. I just did a short pull yesterday on the dyno and it was just plain sick. Make these adjustments under the full throttle fuel settings in the AFC. You can set the Hi-Lo throttle settings to 80:81 or 90:91. Do a short pull to 4,500rpm, then when you get that dialed, do another one to 5,000rpm and make adjustments. Do this until you hit your max rpm and have your A:F solid at around 11.5:1 above 10psi of boost.

Take care,
Chris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts