Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when i was taking my head off yesterday i completely forgot about taking the head bolts off in order. i just did them in the rows. did i fuck anything up real bad or should i be okay?

another thing i did was stick a cam gear back on to turn the camshaft so i could get a couple of the head bolts out......so i wouldnt hit any lobes. is it okay to turn them and possibly not have them back in the EXACT same position they were in before i turned them. i put them back as close as i could get, but you never know, they might be a little off.

hopefully i'll be okay with these two possible mistakes, but let me know if i screwed myself over or if there is anything i can do to take car of this.

thanks

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Taking the head bolts out incorrectly might have messed something up. Any place you take the head to to get it reshaved should thoroughly test it for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the place i took it to said they would thoroughly check it all over (clean it up, check for cracks, remove the least amount possible).

while its in the shop getting resurfaced, what is the best way to clean all the carbon out of the cylinders and piston tops?

also, the previous owner had painted the nice hks front mount intercooler white for some reason and i want to get it back to the aluminum color. i tried pressure washing it off, but that didnt take much off. aircraft paint remover, wire brush drill bit?????

·
Registered
74 Posts
definatly get the head checked for warpage, even if you took them off in the correct oreder its always a good rule to have it checked anyway. for your cams there are little arrows on them to line up when you set your timing after you put it all back together. check the tsrm for steps on setting your timing. good luck with the hg job.

aircraft paint remover would make it easy. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts