Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the NA section, but thought it would get more traffic here. I think the same concept applies and you TT guys can help.

-----

OK, here's the situation. I'm on my buying/upgrading/changing frenzy again, fuck FUCK...

Anyways:
1st. I'm getting an Innovate wideband (yay for me). I'm taking my dp off so the bung can be welded. Anyways my wg is being rerouted back into my dp. There's like a metal pipe connecting the wg to the dp. Now I was wondering if I can just cut the pipe on the dp off, and patch up the hole. As to the pipe on the wg, I guess I'll just leave it (then it'll be an open dumptube??)?

2nd. I'm getting a vpc (yay I can run a real bov now). I'm wanting to do everything at home if I can, cause the closest real shop is 2 hours (unless you count Pepboys and them national chains of stores as "shops"). I'm going to try to tap my IC piping and install the air temp sensor there. Now I was wondering where should I tap it? The reason I ask is because I have 2 external injectors which I plan on using.

I heard you are supposed to tap as close to the TB as you can, but if I do, won't the fuel from the external injectors get all over the sensor and foul it? So should I tap just before the external injectors?

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER DISCRIPTIVELY PERTAINING THE 2 ASKED QUESTIONS. :D

dp with the tube where it would connect to the wg:

wg with tube where it would connect to the dp:

IC piping with 2 external injectors (can you please save this pic and put an "X" on exactly where I should tap the air temp sensor):

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
you can cut or plug that recirculating tube on the dp as you can dump to the atmosphere if you want. It's preference but it sounds nicer with and open dump. I installed my air temp sensor on the pipe for the turbos air intake and havn't had a problem. In the map ecu book from phr they tell you to install it there.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Don't know about where to put the air temp. since you have the injectors their.

As far as the wastegate goes, cut the stubby coming off your midpipe and patch that up. Then bring the car to a shop or some how fab yourself a dump tube. What I did was measure every possible way I could to make sure that the tube would be cut perfectly, thenI bnrought it to Midas and told them exactly what to do (I just brought the flange with me, didn't drive the car). They then cut the pipe and welded it on for me, fits perfect!

-Mike

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have a pipe fabricated in the future. For the sake of downtime and shit, I'll just run it as it is. Thanks though.

And as for the air temp thing, I guess I should tap it just before the injectors? Now the question, does it matter what angle I tap it in? Like I know for thw o2 sensor, it should be at 12 oclock.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
na put it wherever.

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spooldup said:
na put it wherever.

:stickpoke Are you referring to the air temp sensor? When you say "wherever", are you referring to where I should tap it, or which angle I have it in?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
angle sorry :rolleyes:

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spooldup said:
angle sorry :rolleyes:
Lol, while you are at it, do you mind telling me where to tap it? Keep in mine that I have the 2 external injectors that'll pump fuel in the ic pipings to the tb. Can you just save my pic, put an "x" as to where I should tap, and email it to me?

[email protected]

I know sometimes I make the biggest deal of out something little, but I want as little errors as possible. That's why I ask about everything.

·
Registered
538 Posts
spooldup said:
I installed my air temp sensor on the pipe for the turbos air intake and havn't had a problem. In the map ecu book from phr they tell you to install it there.
AIR INTAKE PIPE. PIPE AIRFILTER IS CONNECTED TO.

Im assuming intercooler pipe shouldn't still be your option after the statement spooldup said?

Obviously on the air intake pipe you will be getting warmer temps read by the sensor, but I don't know how that will effect driveability, etc.

-Corey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts