Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the NA section, but thought it would get more traffic here. I think the same concept applies and you TT guys can help.

-----

OK, here's the situation. I'm on my buying/upgrading/changing frenzy again, fuck FUCK...

Anyways:
1st. I'm getting an Innovate wideband (yay for me). I'm taking my dp off so the bung can be welded. Anyways my wg is being rerouted back into my dp. There's like a metal pipe connecting the wg to the dp. Now I was wondering if I can just cut the pipe on the dp off, and patch up the hole. As to the pipe on the wg, I guess I'll just leave it (then it'll be an open dumptube??)?

2nd. I'm getting a vpc (yay I can run a real bov now). I'm wanting to do everything at home if I can, cause the closest real shop is 2 hours (unless you count Pepboys and them national chains of stores as "shops"). I'm going to try to tap my IC piping and install the air temp sensor there. Now I was wondering where should I tap it? The reason I ask is because I have 2 external injectors which I plan on using.

I heard you are supposed to tap as close to the TB as you can, but if I do, won't the fuel from the external injectors get all over the sensor and foul it? So should I tap just before the external injectors?

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER DISCRIPTIVELY PERTAINING THE 2 ASKED QUESTIONS. :D

dp with the tube where it would connect to the wg:

wg with tube where it would connect to the dp:

IC piping with 2 external injectors (can you please save this pic and put an "X" on exactly where I should tap the air temp sensor):

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have a pipe fabricated in the future. For the sake of downtime and shit, I'll just run it as it is. Thanks though.

And as for the air temp thing, I guess I should tap it just before the injectors? Now the question, does it matter what angle I tap it in? Like I know for thw o2 sensor, it should be at 12 oclock.

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spooldup said:
angle sorry :rolleyes:
Lol, while you are at it, do you mind telling me where to tap it? Keep in mine that I have the 2 external injectors that'll pump fuel in the ic pipings to the tb. Can you just save my pic, put an "x" as to where I should tap, and email it to me?

[email protected]

I know sometimes I make the biggest deal of out something little, but I want as little errors as possible. That's why I ask about everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.