Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels like my second turbo comes on very late, around 5K rpms. Could this be the pressure tank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
It sounds like your vsv. You can get one from curt for about 50 bucks. It's a 2 minute fix. I think I have the part #.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Ok the part # is 25860-46060. I am pretty sure its that one. There are 4 in total I think. But that one seems to be the one that goes bad. It happened to mine and all my buds.

Does anyone have a pic of this piece to show him??? Maybe he can check to see if it is this.
You can do TTC to check if it is a vsv. Also if it is this particular one, the barrel will move if its broken. It shouldn't move at all though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,619 Posts
Before you buy a new VSV, check the small vacuum hoses on top of the turbo assembly. I had one that was cracked, and my shit didn't spool until 5200rpm. Changed the hose and WHOOSH.
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LIMITED said:
Ok the part # is 25860-46060. I am pretty sure its that one. There are 4 in total I think. But that one seems to be the one that goes bad. It happened to mine and all my buds.

Does anyone have a pic of this piece to show him??? Maybe he can check to see if it is this.
You can do TTC to check if it is a vsv. Also if it is this particular one, the barrel will move if its broken. It shouldn't move at all though.
The black barrel spins, all of them do. I have all new hoses btw.
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYRARMS said:
Before you buy a new VSV, check the small vacuum hoses on top of the turbo assembly. I had one that was cracked, and my shit didn't spool until 5200rpm. Changed the hose and WHOOSH.
Any picture fyrarms? I put all new hoses on when I was installing the system. But I guess you never know.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
if u need a new vsv, pm me which one u need, i have all of them removed from my car and dont need them anymore. Since it goes for 50bux, how bout 25 shipped. these came off my car at 36k miles when they were removed.
later
kev
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I need a new one. If I buy used I'm not 100% sure if it works good. Some of my friends went single around here, so I might just pick one up from them. I will let yo know if I need one.

Thank you,
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LIMITED said:
Ok the part # is 25860-46060. I am pretty sure its that one. There are 4 in total I think. But that one seems to be the one that goes bad. It happened to mine and all my buds.

Does anyone have a pic of this piece to show him??? Maybe he can check to see if it is this.
You can do TTC to check if it is a vsv. Also if it is this particular one, the barrel will move if its broken. It shouldn't move at all though.
I couldn't find anything with 25860-46060 number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
It's the vsv on top behind the air duct for the # 2 turbo. That barrel should not move at all. I know thats the part # because I got it off my invoice.
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LIMITED said:
It's the vsv on top behind the air duct for the # 2 turbo. That barrel should not move at all. I know thats the part # because I got it off my invoice.
What do you mean by "move". They all spin, you can turn them like a wheel. Would they all be broken then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Can anyone else come in and vouch for me???? I don't want him to order this or these part(s) and it not be the problem........but I am 99.9% sure on this.
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LIMITED said:
yes......mine spun.....My new one does not move at all.
So they are all broken? Shit, what diff will it make when i replace all of them?
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
LIMITED said:
Can anyone else come in and vouch for me???? I don't want him to order this or these part(s) and it not be the problem........but I am 99.9% sure on this.
Yea, well, the car is not as fast as before. When I first got it was very fast and pulled strong. Unlike now, that was one of the reasons why I had single turbo on. But I missed that fast spool of seq so I went back. Now I'm trying to have everything working 100%
 

·
Nottin' like boost...
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
i have this exact problem, did you ever find the answer to your problem, i replaced that vsv with a friends, still nothing, the turbo doesnt come on until almost 5k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
are all of your hoses connected correctly, I had the same problem, changed one of the hoses and now its boosting normally.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top