Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tldr; Bought a used product, want to get new fuel rail and hardware, email directly with person on their contact info page. Tells me they are custom, and demands proof that I have the product. Send it to him, crickets.

First off, excuse me for assuming that getting a fuel rail would be such a difficult transaction.

Bought a CPC manifold here that was for sale used, but missing a fuel rail. Emailed CPC about it, and it's like they don't want my money. First he says that he only sells complete packages because his fuel rails only fit his manifolds. Tell him that's fine, I have one, that's why I want to buy one direct from him. Then he wants me to send him a picture of the manifold proving that it has 12 holes in it for injectors. Since then (almost two weeks now) nothing. Sent a follow up email three days ago, nothing.

Has anyone else dealt with this guy? His communication is terrible. I mean if the product needs to be made I understand, but he never mentioned anything about low stock, and comes off like he doesn't want to sell me anything, including the hardware kit.

Anyone else dealt with them and ran into similar issues?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sounds like it might be a one-man operation, I've dealt with similar situations. Trouble there is that no matter how talented or knowledgeable they may be in their field, one person can only do so much work in a day, and if this isn't their bread and butter in life, you might have a bad time of it.

The other consideration, on the part of this CPC, is that the world is full of counterfeiters. It's possible that they've made a great product, but that it is a reasonably easy thing to duplicate given the right tooling or fabrication team. Hence the hesitance to sell just parts of the product.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, based on experiences in the past. Might be something completely different in your case. Good luck sorting it out...

·
Administrator
8,573 Posts
Couple things, he may be getting the manifolds made by a third party as packages ie made in china and cant just get a rail like that. Second my friend had his carbon cpc manifold separate at the track. So dont know what kind of quality control this guy is doing. Again this is all just my opinion and observation.

607 Posts
he takes forever to get back to you

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple things, he may be getting the manifolds made by a third party as packages ie made in china and cant just get a rail like that. Second my friend had his carbon cpc manifold separate at the track. So dont know what kind of quality control this guy is doing. Again this is all just my opinion and observation.
Fuck. I'll look into getting it tested. Don't mind grenading a manifold to see if it actually lasts up to at least 60% of the pressure I was planning to push through it. Bought it for the injectors because I'll be running E85 and wanted to keep the duty cycle and fuel PSI low and adding an extra rail is just a couple of AN bits to do.
Doesn't make sense to keep it if it falls apart under 1000hp, even if I welded up the extra injectors just to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts