Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok sorry to post yet another cps thread on account of 2 others but I have a different problem,as we all know the wires become so old corroded and snapp off..2 wires ripped right at the clip(HARNESS SIDE) so I don't see a way to solder it..is there anyway to get a replacement clip? Or do I have to do what my idiots friends are saying and use those bullets connectors? I would rather have it legit if possible..

Thanks again! Jeremy

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just pushed the pin out of the connector, then bend open the little tabs holding the wire in place. Take out the old wire and crimp the piece of wire on harness side in place then soilder the wire. Shrink wrap then push pin back in. Requires soldering under the hood, doesnt feel good on the back especially if your 6'3''......And takes a bit of time but ive found it well worth it in the end.Would be easier to use some waterproof trailer connectors or something.

·
4,933 Posts
The wire itself broke? Or the clip broke?

Solder will suffice (I don't like solder, but it's one of two options) or you can run a new line of wire to the ECU.

If the clip broke just find a new clip, de-pin the pins and slide them into the new connector and you're done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts