Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Did a few searches and didn't find much. Are there any tricks to removing the CPS? Anyone have a pic of one by itself or unobscured by other stuff in the engine bay?

Thanks.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Its a peice of cake. Remove the single bolt that is used to hold it in its 'adjusted' posistion and it will pull right out. It will take a little force to pull out. Its possible to do without removing anything, but to make it eaiser, remove the upper turbo coolant hose, unplug the BVSV vacuum hose, and unplug the two wires that are in the way.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm sure it is easy :) I'm just :embarrassed: not 100% sure what the CPS looks like... I know where it is but wanted to see a pic to make sure I remove and ship exactly the right thing lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok yeah :) just wasn't sure if when I actually go take it out of my car if it will be as easy as that pic makes it look. it's COLD outside and I don't want to spend any more time out there than needed

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Yea, it wont take more than a few minutes. I must have adjusted that stupid thing 20 times while I was adjusting timing to make it right ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beautiful, that is what I was going for... thanks!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure that's good advice Bishop, but I'm selling it ;) I'll be sure to consult you if I need to put one back in sometime though :)

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Hehe. I wasn't offering advice, just a warning. I've seen many a man reduced to tears trying to put that thing back in.

Ok, maybe that was a little exaggeration :)

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I hope that you put the motor at 0 degree TDC #1 BEFORE pulling the CPS out... No??

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Dosent matter where the motor is when you remove it. Just be sure to align it properly before putting it back in;)

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
conundrum07 said:
Dosent matter where the motor is when you remove it. Just be sure to align it properly before putting it back in;)
yeah but isn't it easier to put it at TDC and then pull and not worry about TDC again? At least that is the easiest way I can think off.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, that was about the easiest part I've ever removed from the car... now I feel a little dumb, but I guess it never hurts to ask though :)

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
figgie said:
yeah but isn't it easier to put it at TDC and then pull and not worry about TDC again? At least that is the easiest way I can think off.
Just line the mark up on the pulley...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts