Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rewired my CPS sensor to the ECU and now the damn thing is not spinning when I turn the key. I have checked wiring and everything is okay but still no movement from it. I also just installed the Apexi AFC and was curious if this might be causing it not to move??

Thanks,
Julian

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
87tabshire said:
I rewired my CPS sensor to the ECU and now the damn thing is not spinning when I turn the key. I have checked wiring and everything is okay but still no movement from it. I also just installed the Apexi AFC and was curious if this might be causing it not to move??

Thanks,
Julian
did you set the afc to karmen type sensor? just out of curiousity......

·
Registered
535 Posts
How do you know it is not spinning? Did you take the cap off the CPS and watch it while you turned the car over? If it is not spinning then it must not be pushed into the head enough to catch the gears on the cam shaft or the CPS shaft is broken somehow.

·
5,467 Posts
Supraman88 said:
How do you know it is not spinning? Did you take the cap off the CPS and watch it while you turned the car over? If it is not spinning then it must not be pushed into the head enough to catch the gears on the cam shaft or the CPS shaft is broken somehow.
thats what i was thinking...its not a free flowing thing it needs to be attached to the gearing inside the head.....IE: exhaust gear.....

im still wondering about the karmen sensor thing though..... ;)

B

·
0 Posts
you are saying that the car is not cranking over at all, right? like when you turn the key nothing happens? or are you implying that the CPS shaft is not spinning...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well everything is now set to TSRm standards, cranking and spark but still not running. Yes Karman type on AFC.

Julian

·
5,467 Posts
87tabshire said:
Engine Code 12 and 14 I do not know what these are.

CODE 12

SYSTEM
RPM Signal

DIAGNOSIS
No "NE" or "G"
signal to ECU within 2 seconds after engine has been cranked

TROUBLE AREA
Distributor (cam position sensor)
circuit
Distributor (cam position sensor)
Starter signal circuit
ECU

CODE 14

SYSTEM
Ignition Signal

DIAGNOSIS
No "IGF" signal
to ECU "A" times in succession.
"A" = : 7M-GE 6-8
7M-GTE 3

TROUBLE AREAS
Igniter and ignition coil circuit
Igniter and ignition coil
ECU

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you saying the ignitor could possibly be bad or what, I appreciate the quick response, but I am unsure as what to look for

S

·
0 Posts
code 12: Your CPS is messed up. Ensure your wire connections are as follows.

Harness - /- CPS side

Red - / - Green
Blue - / - Red
Black - / - White
Yellow - / - Yellow

code 14:Ignition check signal is messed up. It's not firing. Fix the CPS first, it may also fix this. If not, double check your connections and wiring to the ignition coils and igniter (the aluminum shiny thing by the battery).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Almost running, it made a combustion stroke but the battery died before initial startup. Should be another beast on the road tomorrow night.

Julian

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is alive and running well. Only thing left is to hook up some misc shit. I am occuring a problem of not being able to go over 20mph without the car sputtering. Thinking boost leak or vacuum leak somewhere. Also thought about the AFC air flow wires, could this be the culprit???

Thanks,
Julian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts