Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Copped a cherry first year CR-X SiR (89) with the first version of VTEC and a B16 stock a while back and just sat on it. Had what looked like a mugen kit on it. Put it on the lift, clean on the underside, no rust, so mileage seemed accurate. Only body kit badge (a stamp on the inside of the fiberglass kit that was factory resined over by Honda) I could identify and verify was the front bumper, checked out.

Always wanted one of these cars, so I bought it, and put it on the back burner.

Well, sent it off the body shop a while back and asked them to work on it when they had time, told them I just wanted to respray it back to the original OEM color, because I knew it had been painted.
The rest I knew of the car is the previous owner was a mechanic at Feels in Japan, a pretty reknown shop. Car has just about all of their bolt-ons for the chassis, including engine and tuning stuff (their ECU). I guess it was like a show car for them, and thus the low miles.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got it like this. Know a lot about the changes between the different versions of the car sold both in the USA and abroad, and across the four year model run. The car is an authentic SiR. Vin states the car is #79 and fully optioned. Car has all of the OEM optioned, AC, PS, etc. Glass roof, SiR B16 VTEC engine and LSD. Has mirror covers, and other OEM options only available in Japan.

What tripped me up was the vin, because you can look those up in Japan. Car wasn't red. It was black.

Pop the hood, this car was painted.

Here we go...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I made my instagram account (@savagepuke) public so I could share updates to this car. Body shop has been putting in mad work and hopefully it will be painted by the end of the year. Confirmed all of the kit is authentic. From what I was told by the importer, the car was previously owned by a mechanic at Feel's in Japan, and that explains why it has all of their bolt-ons on it. Current mods other than the Mugen kit are the Mugen steering wheel, Feel's intake, Feel's strut bar, Feel's braided brake lines, Feel's ECU, and haven't confirmed the make of the header or exhaust as the header is wrapped and exhaust didn't have anything on it that I could tell what it was, but wouldn't be surprised if they're also Feel's products.
I have just about everything I need to get it finished up after the body work is complete. Current parts list:

Interior:
Mugen FG360 steering wheel
Works Bell x Nightrunner International quick release
SerialNine Ti hardware
Mugen pedals
Feel's Ti Shift knob
ASM Limited Recaro Super Stark SR-6 seats
Bride rails
USDM rear interior (rear seat on the JDM model isn't really usable)
Honda double din block off plate, that I'm going to mount a Mugen push button start switch onto.
FAB.TLPC four channel bluetooth adapter that plugs into the factory speaker harness in place of the OEM head unit
Some old school shelf mounted speakers
Honda Access floor mats
A lot of random Carmate and Hitman rice

Exterior:
Mugen kit
Feel's hood
OEM window visors
EC Works mirrors (need to get a mounting plate set machined)
USDM windshield, and a lot of the OEM rubber pieces are being replaced with NOS items I've collected over the years
Nightrunner International plate adapters and Mugen hardware
Probably going to run some LEDs under the car, and have some Hitman knickknacks for the exterior too

Engine:
Old school LHT JRSC w/aftercooler. Supercharger was sent out to Jon Bond, rebuilt and ported
Coil on Plug conversion
Larger injectors, think I've got some IDs laying around somewhere for it
Mugen header
Custom 3" exhaust
Hondata S300
Not sure if the engine had previous work done, doesn't sound cam'd. Gonna dyno it prior to doing anything to get an idea of where it's at

Transmission:
OEM close ratio gear set
OEM LSD
Has an aftermarket clutch, no idea what it is but you can feel it is certainly not stock
Various bushings, and new linkage

Wheels/Brakes/Suspension:
*might be going AWD, so the below list is what I have, not final configuration
OEM 5-lug swap
Full assortment of PCI adjustable arms
Mugen ITR coilover suspension
Spoon Brake calipers and ITR disks up front, ITR calipers and rotors out back
SprintHart CPR wheels in 15x7+40 (original silk screens)

I think that's about it, nothing too crazy. Might be missing some things. Been collecting parts for this car for over 10 years, before I even owned it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really clean car, no rot or rust anywhere. Most of the work being done is on the front and rear bumpers to basically rebuild them, make them stronger, fix mounting tabs, and finess everything so there are no gaps.

Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Motor vehicle Wood Boat Wheel Tire

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Bumper

Grille Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Window Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aftercooler mounted, and front bumper rough cut for mockup.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

Wheel Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tool Bicycle part Material property Blade Knife

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Boat Automotive lighting Automotive tire Watercraft Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Wood Grey Wall Brick Rectangle

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shop walk around a couple of weeks ago

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
signal I didn't know you were a honda guy

this is awesome, I had an ef8 and wish I never sold it.
lol, I admin'd K20a.org after it was sold to verticalscope. Was a mod there since like 2006 or something.

You know this car?

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts