Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow supra owners, imexperiencing a very unique problem where my bell housing has a quater size hole with a crack. couple of months ago i was finding my shifter vibrating more than usuall and i never paid any attention and recently i miss shifter into 2nd from 3rd instead of 4th.....which resulted in magnifying the vibrations from the shifter and i thought it would be my motor mounts or tranny mounts....but today i installed the TRD mounts and everything just got worse. Upon inspecting the transmission, rear end and the drive shaft i noticed a hole in my bell housing and a crack.....could that miss shift caused this, im very confused....the motor sounds fine but the bell housing is cracked....has this happen to anyone else or is this the first ever!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
pics please...and no, a hole in the bellhousing would most likely have nothing to do with your problems in of itself...maybe the guy who owned it before you had a clutch let go and put a piece through the bellhousing...

Lets see some pics...

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man, i bought my car from a old dude.....and i have my car for about 4 years. i will post some pics up, once i have a new bell housing. the car was stock with no upgrades.

G

·
youre sitiuation sounds interesting... I really couldn't sell how a small hole in the bellhousing could cause the type of vibration it sounds like your discribing. The closest then I can compare it to would be when I had a problem simluar, it was found out to be the rear diff was cracked... lets see some pictures, like the other person stated and well try and help ya out!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what happen was, i had my car sitting for about 3 months and then when i took it out the shifter felt a little harsh, i really didnt pay any mind cause i figured i would change the oil in the tranny and get it over with....but it just got worse and worse....and couple of weekends ago i screwed up and threw the car into 2nd instead of 4th...the car reved to about 9k...the tires didnt lock up. the motor sounded fine after that....building about 15inches of vacum at idle and the oil pressure is normal! later that night when i decided on boosting again...the car vibrated a lot under boost...so i fugured maybe i messed up a mount or something. today i installed the trd mounts and when i started the car up i instantly felt the difference in the shifter, but when i went to drive it the car was actually vibrating even worse...so i thought maybe one of the subframe bolts were loose so i put the car on the lift and bang....what do i see....cracked bell housing...size of a quater with a crack emanating from it! as far as my drive shaft being loose or my diff being bad......im positive thats not the case because, i have a TRD diff with about 6k on it and the drive shaft perfectly fine! only when i step on the gas the car vibrates besides that the car feels and sounds normal!!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have brand new TRD mounts in there now!!

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well...vibrates with rpm, at idle its like a new car!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yogi did you figure out the problem?

Jr

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Does it do it if your going 50+ and push the clutch in? What if you push the clutch in and go to neutral and release the clutch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts