Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys/
I was changing #3 vavle Gasket on my Supra today due to oil in the plug recess and I pulled off the plugs. I had just replaced them about a month ago. (Bosch Platinum)

Anyways, I noticed that the #6 plug had a crack in the ceramics part. I now it was not there when I installed it initiallyand it was not present when I had put on the plug wires.

Any Idea what could have cuased it?

I just replaced all plugs with Iridiums now. Car runs much stronger.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
bosch plugs suck, any one on here can tell you that...as far as plug condition, check out www.cygnusx1.net for the online tsrm...the most valuable tool is supra mechanics and it has a page dedicated to different spark plug conditions...hope this helps

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
HI guys/
I was changing #3 vavle Gasket on my Supra today due to oil in the plug recess and I pulled off the plugs. I had just replaced them about a month ago. (Bosch Platinum)

Anyways, I noticed that the #6 plug had a crack in the ceramics part. I now it was not there when I installed it initiallyand it was not present when I had put on the plug wires.

Any Idea what could have cuased it?

I just replaced all plugs with Iridiums now. Car runs much stronger.
Which part of the ceramic cracked? the part where the electrode is or the top part? and it could of just been a defective plug, my friends champion plug feel apart on him due to the compression of the motor... well good luck man, aight peace :wtf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts