Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit I was putting in a sensor and the housing cracked......(water neck hose piece) how expensive are they?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Dealer i bet alot, junkyard just about right, forsale section give it a try.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
ive got one... needs a nice cleaning but PM me an offer

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
16331-42030

$20 from the dealer.

·
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff Lange said:
16331-42030

$20 from the dealer.
Yep $26.......whew that was a surprise thought it was gonna be like $300

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Fried Rice said:
Yep $26.......whew that was a surprise thought it was gonna be like $300
Yea thought it might of been like 100 bux or so. Dealer. Or buy one off this guy ^ for 5 bux shipped.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Tony Mawad said:
You know Toyota pricing is weird.
Some parts cost so much.
But then other parts just don't...that you think would.

Here is a surprise I found. The CPS cover (many crack & need replacing) costs less than a spacer for the fuel rail. IIRC, the cover was only $8 and the spacer was $11. That was from a local dealer a year ago before I got on SF & found out that we get discounted parts from Champion & Elmhurst Toyota.

Point is, you just never know what to expect for prices although overall Toyota parts are more than domestic.

I pay $5 for the CPS cover and gasket, $34 for a acordian hose, good things like that... but of course I can't sell it that low

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Tony Mawad said:
Point is, you just never know what to expect for prices although overall Toyota parts are more than domestic.
Domestic prices are still pretty bad IMO, though Toyota is higher.

Toyota's prices on replacable items (items that need replacing every X miles) are pretty good usually, however, if you get into more rare parts (body, interior, small inconsequencial to the car running parts), the prices jump up quite a bit.

·
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cps cover??? hell yeah mine is all poo pooed Think I'll invest in one

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree Toyota pricing is weird. $4.50 for an injector oring....$26 for a thermostat housing, $46 dollars for an accordian intake hose, $113 for a turbo to intercooler hose........dang....I think it is directly related to with how bad you need it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
one of the toyota dealer here in TX is pretty fcuked up. i got injector oring or like 5-6 bucks. the worst part is that, they dont package it and just give it to you like that.

i remember i bot a oil pump seal (shoulda use gasket maker sealant) that cost me over 20 bucks w/o packaging..... at least fcukin honda is way cheaper in some compared parts.

toyota got some rediculous pricing.
OzarkTurboII said:
I have to agree Toyota pricing is weird. $4.50 for an injector oring....$26 for a thermostat housing, $46 dollars for an accordian intake hose, $113 for a turbo to intercooler hose........dang....I think it is directly related to with how bad you need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts