Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my turbo off for a rebuild and noticed this one big crack running down the center of the exhuast housing. Anyone know if this is ok to run with? Ive heard people say that its normal.
Helmet Automotive tire Tire Gas Rim

·
Registered
596 Posts
looks fine, I couldnt really see down far enough to see so I dont think it made it all the way
Well then, if it was me, I'd run it and when it does leak, replace the housing.
But my only experience on cracked exhaust is getting one welded shut when I got too annoyed by backfire due to a crack on my exhaust manifold (old car I had before my Supra).
Maybe, someone with more knowledge/experience will comment.

·
Super Moderator
12,356 Posts
Send it - most original CT26 exhaust housings have a crack in them somewhere. Usually it's near the WG port. I've seen plenty that are similar to yours, though.

Since it came off for a rebuild anyway, let your rebuilder tell you whether or not that's an issue. I'd highly recommend sending it to somewhere well known for CT26 rebuilds specifically.

Reactions: Fritz2003

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Send it - most original CT26 exhaust housings have a crack in them somewhere. Usually it's near the WG port. I've seen plenty that are similar to yours, though.

Since it came off for a rebuild anyway, let your rebuilder tell you whether or not that's an issue. I'd highly recommend sending it to somewhere well known for CT26 rebuilds specifically.
thats good news since ill be sending it to driftmotion soon anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts