Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know the diameter and pitch of the holes on the front of the harmonic balancer? I need to pick up some bolts for my puller, and none of the bolts in my bin match up...

Thanks,

·
Registered
294 Posts
its an m7 x 1.25pitch length is >65mm i think, i was unable to find it so i just forced in some m8 bolts in there the last time i did this.

anyone know where to get these m7 bolts?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an 8x1.25 and bought an 8x1 but no go. 7 sounds right, but I'm guessing they are near impossible to find. I might just tap them out to 8x1. Thanks for the reply.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
You use a puller? My crank pulley comes right off by hand, maybe a little assistance from a screwdriver if it has been on for a long time. That is why they want 195 lb/ft on the pulley bolt.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine is off the car, but I would rather no mess around with a hammer or jaw type puller when I have the 'right' tool. The only one I have removed in the past was on tight and chipped the pulley with a pry bar. That was a junk motor so no big deal on that one...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just did this yesterday. The bolt is 7X1.0. Use the starter method. I used a 625 ft-lb impact gun and the bolt would not come off. A 1/2 inch breaker bar and a long pipe works. Make sure the breaker bar is on the driver side looking from the front. Do a quick crank and the bolt is broken free. For getting the pulley off I stuck a screwdriver behind it and it came off really easy. The proper way is the puller tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts