Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Should be over 400...perhaps closer to 500 depending on turbo choices, but no more than that. My bigger concern is not for drag racing, but for the road course lapping events I want the car on next year. A baffle plate/windage tray etc all help keep more oil in the pan, and have the added benefit of cutting down the resistance. I will also be adding a kickout to the pan, as well as an accusump, but the small advantage that keeping windage down does will be welcomed as well :)

Bob

B

·
0 Posts
Check into knife-edging your crank as well to help with the same problem.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
bob -- whats a kick-out to the pan? A wider pan section down low? And IIRC, the oil pump pickup screen barely fits through a hole in the lower section of the pan -- I couldn't really see how oil could splash around the roof since the roof covers all but the very cente (where the oil pump screen is)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Doc, It'll still be a while before I really get into doing it all (need my doner engine first...then assemble everthing for the rebuild). At the rate I've been able to set aside cash for the Supra at the moment, it could be this time next year :)

Dry sump...would be nice, but for my purposes will likely be overkill. The accusump should suffice.

knife edging is a thought, though I've heard both good and bad from it. As I'm planning to go with a lightened flywheel, and may need to consider a drive shaft to replace my currently busted centre bearing, I may end up removing more mass than I want should I go for it.

MA71, The kick-out probably has a more correct name...in essence, yes, it is a box or similar welded low in the sump area to increase oil volume around the sump, and set off to one side so as to keep oil from washing out as quickly. I haven't ever had a need to take the pan off before, so this tray may be me looking at something unneeded as well, but it does give one more oil control option should it be discovered that it could help.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts