Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally got around to getting a picture of the crank scrapper installed on my block. What do you guys think? Functional or just added weight? Thanks

[/IMG]

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it's not the girdle. I thought about it but since I'm not going all out with a high HP goal I decided to make small upgrades that I felt was best suited for my power goal. I wanted to do a reliable and affordable build that other forums members could copy without going broke, haha.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Shouldnt be more than $80-100

I know for the 7M i built it was $80

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I understand that the scaper keeps some of the oil off the crankshaft for less rotating mass, but will it lessen the life by doing so even if your not in the high hp range? Less oil = more heat even though the other parts get more oil the crankshaft doesn't get as air cooled as the rest of the bay. Not trying to be smart; Just trying to learn. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
SIP has them for $60 great deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Nice. Could you run a girdle and this? Or would I need to design a dry sump setup?
i thought the girdle bolted directly into the back of the maincaps? i wouldn't want to stack so much stuff onto th eback of the main caps and torque it all down hoping that all of the metal between the caps and the bolts happens to stretch and compress evenly over time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.