Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mods are:

.60 trim CT26 with Clipped Wheel (MDC Motorsports)
Lucas 550cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
MAFT-PRO (Speed Density/Boost Control)
Innovate Wideband 02
TurboXS Type-H RFL BOV
BIC Performance DDP
BIC Performance Test Pipe
TRust 3" Cat-back (No resonator)
Unorthadox Adjustable Cam Gears
Southbend Clutch DXD-F Series 6-Puck Clutch
SOGI Shortshift Mod (Hurting more than helping..)
Khumo Ecsta 711's (245/40/16's in rear)
Stock Intercooler AND Piping...

On 15psi I could only get the car to a 13.7 @ 104mph!! That is horrible, isnt it??

The car is a 5-Speed with Full Weight. I am not a bad driver, very reputable around town and such.. I dont understand. I think its a bad tune on the MAFT-PRO and the fact that I am STILL using the very first version of MAFT PRO. Or maybe even the STOCK intercooler/piping that is holding me back??

Shouldn't I be running a much better time?? What do you guys think I would DYNO at?? I am going to try and get tuned and see what happens!

Later

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
Yeah, you should be running a better time. Did you do a burnout on your street tires before you would go? If you look at the drag success thread, it says that's a no-no.

-Matt

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dyno it! You probably have some rich spots that are taking down your power. Also see how your timing is being affected. When are you coming back up this way?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did burn out the very first run... which WAS my fastest run. :(

I just dont understand. Only thing I can think of is the intercooler being stock or an untuned/outdated MAFT PRO... =/ But I am soon to fix this!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoa nice!! I was hoping I could break 11's with some Slicks... I want to dyno over 400 to the wheels!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
stock piping on the IC is a no-no, especially if it's original. I bet you got some nasty boost leaks in there

shifter mod is probaly hurting as you said also, and those street tires should be hooking, my kumho SPT's hook better than my old yokahama's that where far more expensive...

what's your 60' time??

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Phyrx said:
My mods are:

.60 trim CT26 with Clipped Wheel (MDC Motorsports)
Lucas 550cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
MAFT-PRO (Speed Density/Boost Control)
Innovate Wideband 02
TurboXS Type-H RFL BOV
BIC Performance DDP
BIC Performance Test Pipe
TRust 3" Cat-back (No resonator)
Unorthadox Adjustable Cam Gears
Southbend Clutch DXD-F Series 6-Puck Clutch
SOGI Shortshift Mod (Hurting more than helping..)
Khumo Ecsta 711's (245/40/16's in rear)
Stock Intercooler AND Piping...

On 15psi I could only get the car to a 13.7 @ 104mph!! That is horrible, isnt it??

The car is a 5-Speed with Full Weight. I am not a bad driver, very reputable around town and such.. I dont understand. I think its a bad tune on the MAFT-PRO and the fact that I am STILL using the very first version of MAFT PRO. Or maybe even the STOCK intercooler/piping that is holding me back??

Shouldn't I be running a much better time?? What do you guys think I would DYNO at?? I am going to try and get tuned and see what happens!

Later
Not BAAAD times but will get better with practice.

I raced a friends 91 Supra this weekend ( Car also weighs 3760 with me in it.)

Mods:

Drive shaft alum
Manual boost control
57 trim turbo
DDP
APR Aermotive
Stock injectors
Lexus AFM
Slipping clutch LOL ha ha ha
Electric fans
Intake by Apexi
Stock fuel pump

It is a turbo spd. Has stock intercooler and piping, a DDP exhaust, APR, Boost at 15 psi and I got it down to a 13.3 @107. 13.9 was another. 60ft of 1.94. We turned up the boost to 20 but the clutch started slipping bad in second threw 4th

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
104 mph, you should be making a lot more power then that. with the stock ct, intercooler and piping I put down [email protected] and with my 57 trim, yonaka intercooler and 2.5'' pipes I managed a [email protected] at 15psi, 2.373 60'. Both of thoes runs were on street tires, no dr or slicks. Then at 18psi on my 57 trim dynoed at 432rwhp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts